classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

techguyfropalcs
I created this account awhile ago but never posted.

My daily driver is a 1986 F150 Supercab Long Bed 4wd with a 302 and an AOD. I have had pretty much everything apart on it at this point, and really like it.

My mostly recent project that I picked up is a 1980 F100. Plan on doing an engine rebuild, AOD swap, 4wd conversion, full paint job, and redo the interior.

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • 300 L6 (4bbl intake & EFI exhaust manifolds)
  • AOD swap
  • 4wd Conversion (upcoming)
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome - even if you've been around almost two years.  Glad you joined, and finally posted.  

Where's home?  We could add you to the map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) with a city/state or zip.

How 'bout some pics?  You can see how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by techguyfropalcs
Welcome aboard!  

What lug pattern does your present project have?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

techguyfropalcs
This post was updated on .
I am from Edinboro, PA Pictures of my 86: (I still have to polish the anodized aluminum trim and get that installed) Don’t really have any pictures of my F100, I am currently sand blasting the paint and surface rust from the exterior. My F100 has the 5 x 4.5 lug pattern, but I have a parts truck that is 4wd and has the 5 x 5.5 tractor beams and the 9” axle shafts, as well as a posi

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • AOD swap
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

techguyfropalcs
As a current computer science major I should be able to figure out what I have to do to make the images right side up, but will look at that later

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • AOD swap
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Hi!
Did you post from your phone or computer?

Pictures took with phone keep somewhere in their metadata the orientation they were took.

The easy way:
1-Modify your pict by rotating it (any orientation, doesn’t matter), and save it.
2- Then open it again and rotate it the right way, and save it.

Now it should appear correctly in the forum (if already posted they won’t change automatically, you’ll have to post the “modified” picture again).
This operation “forces” a metadata that the forum can read correctly.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The forum software is old enough that it can't read the metadata.

You need to open them on your device and then save them in the "correct" orientation.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.

As for the pics, I'm working on the Forum FAQ's page now and see that it doesn't accurately 'splain what is going on.  So let me try here.

In the dark ages (when I was a kid) it was intuitively obvious to the casual observer which way was up on a camera - usually where the handle was.  But as mobile phones became our cameras we lost any sense of which way is up on them.

So the cameras were given a sense of their orientation and they embed that info in the metadata of the picture.  Smart software reads that data and re-orients the picture before displaying it.

But many forums, including this one, do not have the smarts to read the metadata.  So you have to either figure out which way is up on your phone and always take the pics that way or use editing software to re-orient the pic.

Many of the apps available will re-orient the pic if you just open it and then save it again.  But I always upload the pic and then preview it before posting to make sure that has happened.  If not I rotate it as needed.

HOWEVER, once you upload a file with a given name the system usually refuses to truly upload it again. It acts like it does, but it doesn't actually overwrite the file. So if I have to rotate or otherwise edit a pic I rename it to ensure the system will use the newly-edited file.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

techguyfropalcs
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I was able to fix the orientation of the images, my current web design classes are coming in handy. Since the forum is using HTML to insert the images, you can add inline CSS styles to rotate the image, without having to mess around re-saving the image. So this is what the modified code would look like:

<nabble_img src="image_filename_here" border="0" style="transform:rotate(180deg); padding: 4em;"/>

You can change the degrees of rotate as needed, and can also change the padding if needed (mainly when rotating 90deg.)

Yes I know I am not your typical bullnose enthusiast (A 20 year old comp/sci college student)

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • AOD swap
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, that works.  I think that's the same process explained at the bottom our Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page on the Posting Pics tab.  Right?

But yes, you aren't our normal Bullnoser.  However, I retired from IT about 15 years ago.  

Reply | Threaded
|

techguyfropalcs
Yeah I just looked and it is, I should have looked there before writing that out

Thanks for all you do to provide information for all of us, and keeping this page alive!

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • AOD swap
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No problem, I just wanted to make sure they were the same.

And you might want to take a look at this thread: https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Big-GIF-short-movie-td141822.html.  We thought we figured out how to post Youtube videos so they fit whatever screen you are using.  However, we know it doesn't work on some Androids, so if you know how to fix it...

Welcome.

Reply | Threaded
|

techguyfropalcs
I will take a look at that!

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • AOD swap
  • 8' bed