classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member from Germany

Volker_81_F100XLT
Hello I'm Volker,

I found my Ford F100 Ranger XLT (windsor 302 CID) about 6 month ago and I'm really happy to spend time with it.
He spent the first 5 years of his life in Miami and the rest as an workhorse on a farm in Arizona.

I'm really glad that I have found this bullnose forum here to share experience and to get in contact with other Ford Pickup enthusiasts.

Best Regards

Volker

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member from Germany

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Volker!  Glad you joined!!!  

That's a very nice looking truck.  Hope you'll tell us all about it, and you for that matter.

Where in Germany?  I ask for two reasons.  First, because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and we can add you if we had a city.  And there you can see that we have other members in Germany.

Also, I ask because I've spent some time in your country and I'm curious if I've been there.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Volker_81_F100XLT
Welcome Volker!  

Very nice two-tone colours!
And it seems amazing that was a farm truck here in the U.S.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary,
I‘m originally from Bayreuth it is a small city in northern Bavarian. There is also the new Home of my F100. He will hopefully spend the rest of his life there because he won‘t be treated as hard as the workhorse on the farm😉

Since about 20 years I‘m living in Munich, because there is the headquarter of BMW and I work there as an engineer.
When you have been to Germany you surely have been to Munich.

So you either can add me to Bayreuth or to Munich on your map. It‘s up to you.

Regards,
Volker
Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Thank you!
I really like the color too, and it seems that this two tone combination is quite rare.
It reminds me on the Arizona dessert😊
Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Volker - You are now on the map, basically in the BMW building I was in a few years ago.

We were there in late September for a "small" celebration with a parade, some tents in a large field, and lots of singing going on in the Hofbräuhaus.  

Unfortunately we planned to visit the BMW Museum on Monday, obviously unaware that museums are closed on Mondays in Germany.  But we did tour BMW Welt, got our pictures taken with the car and bike used in a movie, the BMW Isetta, etc.

As for Bayreuth, I haven't been but know where it is.  That's because we know some people named Bayreuth here in our town and that's where they are from so I looked it up.  Probably the closest I've been is Nuremberg.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
Thank you Gary!
Oh I didn‘t know that the BMW World is closed on Mondays. But the BMW Museum next to it absolutely worth to visit it because there are the nice classic BMW‘s including the Isetta.
The Isetta on the bed of the F100 would surely fit. That would be a curious photo.

Great that you know people from Bayreuth and you are right, Nuernberg is not far away of it.

Best Regards
Volker
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Welcome aboard!

Beautiful truck!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It was the other way 'round - the museum was closed and World was open.

And yes, the Isetta would fit nicely in the back of my truck.  When I went to college the bookstore owner lived across the street and he had one of them.  I still remember him opening the front of it and backing in to sit down.

I've been in Germany many times, both on vacation as well as for work.

And as you can see, you aren't the only member in Germany.  In fact, just this morning Heinze/Howling.Wolf posted roof lights for free if you pick them up.  The only minor issue is most people don't know he's in Oberursel.    (I know 'cause I went to Bad Homburg many times.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Thanks!
I like the color of yours!
Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ahh okey.
Your memories regarding the Isetta and the bookstore owner sound good and I can feel how it must been at these time, immediately.

It seems that you know Germany really good

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We've been around a lot of Germany, but would still like to come back when the COVID virus is gone.  We love the history, the scenery, and the people.

Reply | Threaded
|

Volker_81_F100XLT
That sounds great!!!
Hopefully this ugly COVID virus will be gone soon, that you can come to visit Germany again.