New Member! Thanks for letting me join!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member! Thanks for letting me join!

85rollback
Here is my 1985 rollback. She is a 17' aluminum Century bed F350 6.9 idi. Super low miles at 66k. The gentleman who owned it before me admittedly gave up on trying to get her running after a normal breakdown (if there is such a thing haha), so it has been sitting nine years. I am thinning a few wires and things from under the hood. Rear most solenoid on ip sounds good, but front solenoid on ip does not move. The ip is sealed with a wire on the back so I don't think it's ever been opened. I'll open it up and then start posting my questions (after searching of course).
1985 F350 6.9 idi rollback
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member! Thanks for letting me join!

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome!  

IDI's are incredibly reliable and simple.
Please start a thread down in the main forum with your questions and we'll see how the forum can help.  

Something I'm a little familiar with., and you might be the perfect person to help another member with a Super Duty chassis that is looking for some information about the fuel tanks in his bucket truck.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Hope you'll post some pics of your truck, but you may want to read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's on that subject as it isn't the easiest.

Speaking of pages, we have a map at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map and we can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85rollback
I swear I read the New User info haha. Tried my best to upload a couple pictures. I'll try again. Here's to hoping my wrenching skills are better than my computer skills!
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html   

ETA: Would try jumping the FSS directly before I went tearing into the injection pump.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
ArdWrknTrk wrote
https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html   

ETA: Would try jumping the FSS directly before I went tearing into the injection pump.
With that low miles I cant  see the IP needing to be opened.
I know when the Ford ID and even the GM 6.2 when used in tow trucks and such the pumps would need a rebuild about 75K give or take how often the filter was changed.
You also have to look at how hard they were driven. I got about 100K on my 6.2 but I did service when it had to be done.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

85rollback
The FSS is stuck. Bumping it with 12v only led to sparking and no movement or clicking. I did take the top off and the bowl is filled with clear diesel. I guess I really need to start a thread in a more appropriate area.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by 85rollback
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona