classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member - Thanks for having me!

tommyg
Good Evening,

I joined last night and eagerly started posting before I saw Gary's 'New Member' email instructions so I'm here to make good on my end of the deal. I bought this truck last summer, was randomly just cruising on Craigslist and saw it posted for $1200. A local kid had bought it as a project and quickly realized he was in over his head, so he was offering it for the same price he paid. I couldn't resist, seeing that truck instantly brought back childhood memories of riding around with my grandfather in his various late 70s to mid 90s Ford trucks over the years. I'm now realizing that I might be in just a little deeper than I expected because this truck was born the same year I was, so most of my car/truck education has taken place without the presence of carburetors and (seemingly) ridiculous vacuum systems. It's been a learning curve for sure, and I think I've finally found the right place to ask questions. Thanks in advance, you'll definitely be seeing me.

1986 F-250 4X4
4.9L 300
4 speed manual
Long Bed Styleside

Here she is current state.

And here is a video of the maiden voyage around the block:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHw0pEmuhE

Let the good times roll!
-Tom G
Tom G 1986 F-250, 4.9L 300
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member - Thanks for having me!

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by tommyg
Welcome to the forum!  

300 trucks seem popular here, and that is a nice example.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by tommyg
Welcome, Tom!  Glad you joined.

Did I ask if you want to be on our map?  It is at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and we can add you with a city/state or zip.

Good looking truck.  Looks a lot like Big Blue's stance, but I think you have bigger tires.  Are those 35"?

I think you are going to like that engine.  It is a great truck engine, and if I didn't expect to tow vehicles with Big Blue it would probably be a good one for him.  Great low end torque and better MPG than about anything else you can put in one of these trucks.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

tommyg
I'd be happy to be on the map. I might be your first Rhode Islander. I'm in Riverside, RI 02915.

Yes, they are 35". Got the wheel and tire package on Custom Offsets. The tires on it when I bought it were so cracked and dry rotted that I didn't really feel safe poking my head under the truck sitting on those. I splurged a little, but they look pretty sweet in my opinion. And I won't ever be going that fast, so not worried about road noise with the ridiculously huge treads.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm not familiar with east Providence, but it's great to have a Rhode Island member!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

tommyg
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I'm not familiar with east Providence
Not many are. I'd never heard of it until I moved here. Grew up in the sticks in central Maine, but I've been here for 13 years now, so I suppose I'm officially a Rhode Islander!