New Challenge

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Challenge

Andre
Bronco is completely finished, and this is mainly where the fun for others start, and I will look for the challenge of a new project. This forum has been of great help for me, especially for the information I can find that assisted me with many electrical issue's.
Dont know the new project yet, might be a bullnose again, time will tell.

Thanks for the input and interest for those great cars

Regards from Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Challenge

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gorgeous!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Andre
Beautiful, Andre!  Well done!  

Please let us know what your new challenge is.  You might even want to create a thread on it here, as others like Bill/85lebaront2 and Cory/Rembrant have done.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Andre
Thanks Guys,

I just realize that I might have given the impression that it has been sold already, this is not the case yet, but next Sunday I will attend a USA car show here in the Netherlands, this is where I will give it a try to sell the car for cost price of the restoration. It has been a huge learning curve for me, and this can never be charged to a new owner. Any new project will be easier as I have found a lot of information and know where to buy and find parts for old Fords.
A rebuild like this, has cost me a little over €40.000.- ($46.800,-)on parts, paint and a new engine, not including the work hours. This might be good information for any European visitors that plan a project like mine, the import cost of parts is killing this hobby.
With the market being completely different now, where people are about electric cars and dont have space to store huge cars like ours, it might never be sold, but time will tell.

Next week the 1969 Ford Ranchero will be completed, but this was a small project, that again I learned from a lot. Engine was running, but when put on the road, found the the water channels in heads were clogged, so engine will have to come out again.

Regards
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Andre - Good luck on your sale.

My experience here in the States is that I've always gotten about 1/2 of the money I've put into a project.  It may be very different in Europe, and I hope you get everything you've put in and then some.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI