classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need help, turn signal how to removed?

GustavoFord
Hi guys,,,

Turn signal doesn’t work, last thing as I remember only one side was working, hazard Ligth are ok.

I try to removed all the switch, but I am stuck on the steering column. Can someone guide me on this task? I try to read the documentation but I am getting loose there (because of my English)

Thanks

So far I am already here…

I thing I need to unplug the cable, but is hard on that position…
Ford F-150 1985, 300 i6, Manual Trasmition w/OD, 2WD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need help, turn signal how to removed?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It has been a while since I did that and I don't remember exactly, but maybe the factory instructions at Documentation/Interior/Steering Columns & Steering Wheels would help.  Go to the Instructions tab and then the Factory Shop Manual tab.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

GustavoFord
Thanks Gary,

I am using files on the document section to find the issue on the unit. I was able to removed all the switch after remove the front dash plus, of course, the knob for lights and wiper.

Anyway, I was fighting with the wiper knob, Ligth knob was a easy one after I prepared a piece of handmade hook and release the clip, on the other side I was fighting because someone on the past used a glue ...

Plan to do next, after dealing with the turn switch (if is bad I will order right away) I will clean and replaced all Ligth on the dash.

Ahhh, I also need to fix something, on the top of the dash there are some "screen" for the Ligth to illuminate turning signal, brakes, 4x4 (I wish I had) but the first one is missing. I think is for the "emission"

Need to do more research....

Thanks,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, glue on that knob would be a pain!  Glad you got it off.  And the switch out.

On the warning labels, the one on the left was the one for Emissions.  Or, as mine says Ewissions.  (Some idiot glued it on upside down.  )  But does your truck use it?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

GustavoFord
If there is a Ligth, yes, everytime that I flip the key it will ligth up for few seconds. I still have installed the air pump, egr.

before I finish to put back the dash, I'll prepare some kind of mask to glue it there. But is going to be maybe on the end of the week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like your light is working correctly as they are supposed to come on for a few seconds each time you start the engine.