classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Crankcase Breather Element part number

CDLong
My air box
 The filter Advanced Auto sold me is round. My air box has a hole with a slot. I southern engineered the filter for now to try to get thru state inspection but I'd rather have the correct filter.
CD Long Jr
1985 F150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI AOD transmission 4x4 regular cab LWB
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Crankcase Breather Element part number

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Doesn't look like I have that info on the website, so I'll put it here and then transfer it.

The first thing to know is that the #'s shown in the illustration section of the master parts catalog are the base part number. For instance 9D695 is the base part number for every FILTER ASSY. (CRANKCASE VENT) used on any Ford vehicle anywhere in the world. Tractors, semi-trucks, cars, etc all use the same base # for the crankcase vent.

So you need a prefix and a suffix to go with the base # to have the whole part number. In this case the filter for your truck is E5TZ 9D695-A, which was replaced by E7TZ 9D695-A in 1987. (The "E" means the decade of the 80's and the "7" adds to that, so "E7" = 1987.) But the 1985 part will be marked E5TE 9D695-AB. (A number on a Ford part is not a part number. Instead it is the ID or engineering #. )

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI