classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NPD - National Parts Depot

Gary Lewis
Administrator
NPD sells parts made by others for many vehicles, including our Bullnose trucks.  If you've had dealings with them please take a moment to rate their service, pricing, products, etc.  And a review would be helpful to others.
How would you rate NPD?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NPD - National Parts Depot

salans7
I'm lucky to live close to their Florida location, so I have bought my fair share of parts from them over the years. I have dealt with both their front counter, as well as over the phone (thanks Covid) and I can't say I've had a bad experience. I always go in knowing what I need, so I haven't really experienced their sales team when it comes to anything other than giving them my money. As Gary mentioned, they sell parts made by other people, and the parts I've bought have fit without issue, although I sometimes have the usual expected complaints of the aftermarket parts not being exact. Their pricing is usually fair, although some items are on the high side and cause me to look elsewhere. It really just depends on the item. Otherwise, I feel they deserve 4 stars from the service I've received over the last ten years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I've used NPD many times sourcing parts for both my truck and my Mustang. I've never had a problem!  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
I've bough lots of parts from NPD and never had a problem. Shipping is always fast and selection is excellent.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Bruce moose4x4
I haven't bought anything Truck wise from them, but they bailed me out several times rebuilding my son's 83 Mustang Convertible. Of course after I tried using the cheaper parts from other vendors.
Also this was back around 2011.
Bruce aka Moose--1978 F250 LWB Flareside, Dana 60's w/ 4:10's, 460, c6
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I have used npd also and overall was decent. I did have one instance where a seat cover was wildly different than the sample showed and as I do understand 100 percent accuracy is not something that can be guaranteed, close would be expected. I'm certain that it was pulled wrong or mislabeled etc. no big deal. but their customer service was argumentative to say the least. enough so that I have not bought from them since and that's about seven years now and quite a few builds and repairs done in that period.