classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NOS Windshield wiper motor - E79Z-17508-A

1986F150Six
Administrator
It is labeled as fitting other models [?], but I think this is correct for Bullnose models [check closely].

Good price???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FRONT-WIPER-MOTOR-FITS-FORD-F-100-F800-AEROSTAR-RANGER-1980-ON-E79Z-17508-A/222877981876?epid=1772859565&hash=item33e4901cb4:g:DrsAAOSwuuRapWqU&vxp=mtr

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NOS Windshield wiper motor - E79Z-17508-A

fords4life
This post was updated on .
According to RockAuto this is the same motor for many applications including the bullnose.  The motor on my truck has a different part number than what is listed on RockAuto's site for my 86.  RockAuto lists E0TZ17508B, E2TZ17508A, E69Z17508B, E79Z17508A for my truck which includes the Ebay motor.  The motor on my truck has part number E2TF17504AB.  Not sure what the differences are.  Maybe Gary has some insight?

1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
You're confusing engineering numbers with part numbers.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
PetesPonies wrote
You're confusing engineering numbers with part numbers.
I was wondering....Something I've learned with the older stuff and I still don't understand why they did that....
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In real general terms, part numbers will be on a box, but the item has engineering numbers. Those show the original dept that designed the part. Parts, many times, fit many vehicles. But the engineering number will tell you which department was the designer.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, Pete is right.  Said another way, in Ford's infinite wisdom the number on the part is not the part number.  

The number on the box is the part number, but the number on the part is either an engineering number or an ID number, and those terms seem to be used interchangeably.

Page 3 of the 1980 - 89 master parts catalog says:

Certain parts and most major assemblies are identified with a part number shown on an attached tag or plate or on the part itself. Reference to identification numbers is made throughout the catalog and cross reference charts are included in some sections to provide immediate knowledge of the service part number when the identification number is known. All identification information other than charts will be preceded by the symbol (#)

That statement is misleading as it says that a "part number" is on the part itself, and that is not true if you use the term "part number" the way they use it in the catalog.  Go to the Windshield Wiper page in the link below and see how Ford really used the term "part number".  Every page has the Part Number terminology in the 3rd column of the header.  But in the blurb above the catalog goes on to say "identification number", and that's really the proper term - that or "engineering number".  And you'll find that number in the Description column of the catalog.

A good case in point is the wiper motor.  I've added the part numbers for all the wiper parts to the page on Electrical/Windshield Wipers.  Note that wiper motors for these trucks can have two different part numbers: E0TZ 17508-B; or E2TZ 17508-A.  But the latter replaces the former, as "r/b" means "replaced by".  So, Rock Auto is correct on those two.  However, it is not correct with the E69Z 17508-B & E79Z 17508-A (format corrected so you can compare).  I've posted below the rest of the motor parts list, and you can clearly see that those motors are not for Bullnose trucks.

But, back to the ID or engineering number.  On the Windshield Wiper page you can see under Description that the later motor will carry the ID number of E2TF 17504-AB.  So, your motor is correct, and its part number is E2TZ 17508-A.

Clear as mud?  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI