classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
158 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater
Hi guys,

thanks for your pleasant comments  Of course I´m pleased to get such comments. In the model forum there is silence in the forest, as we like to say in Germany  means: no comment at all, with luck you get a thumb up.

While checking the model I´ve found another bug. The contour of the wheelhouses ist still wrong. It´s the curve of the 9th generation (still from the purchased model). So another task on the list and the wire of the parking brake. I found it today on the layout book you send me.

The radio antenna is also an unsolved task. It should be a telescopic wire.  I have just an idea but don´t know if it works...

greetings  Tobias
rising up across the sea....  (Katatonia)

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes the wheel arches of the eight gen trucks were flattened on top even if most of the body lines are the same.

I don't think any of these trucks came with a telescoping or retractable antenna.  (at least I've never seen one)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are right, the Bullnose trucks didn't have a telescoping antenna.  All trucks from 1980 through 5/87 used EOTZ 18813—A.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
In reply to this post by muminvater
so, this is the correction of the parking brake.  Perhaps I should not look so often into the layout book...

Sadly, I had to cut the arrangement at the U-profile - the hook was already done - because the floor (assy group 11) starts there and takes it´s place.
If I find tiny coil spring, I will add it.

Tomorrow is bench-correcting-day

Tobias

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That looks so perfect!  

I built model cars in the 50's and we thought we were good with thread for spark plug wires.  But we never ever considered parking brake cables.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
Gary Lewis wrote
That looks so perfect!  

I built model cars in the 50's and we thought we were good with thread for spark plug wires.  But we never ever considered parking brake cables.  
Yes, that´s the way it is  I never thought that I would do.
Sometimes I´m sitting over my work thinking "you are totally crazy". But that´s ok and I´m on my way...

muminvater
Hello guys.
I´m confuesed... I had a look at too many pictures to compare

My question to you refers to A-pillar/A-joint.

Both pics have the same scale, so far as possible (vanishing point + techninal perspective) and both in the same CATIA view for measuring.

turquoise joint: analogue to the body builders layout book
pink joint: analogue to the photo

You see the differences of the both curves underneath the beltline. For the model it is up to 6mm that means 1:1 about 78mm (31,2 inch).
The whole cabine of both pics are congruent, so I won´t believe in a distortion. On the other hand, never will a joint be modified in a mockup.

I´m interested in what may happen there   Tobias

muminvater

located. The bug seems to be in the body builders layout book. The sketch doesn´t fit to the measure. It is much too long for the height and in result the joint does not fit.

I wrote "The whole cabine of both pics are congruent" but obviously it was not - but I was sure

Tobias

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
There's no real discrepancy.
The fender rear edge is the pink line.
The cab has a big recess at the A pillar (turquoise line) because of the hinges and the wire boot for speakers, window control..

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
Of course, that is clear. But that is not what I mean. The pink and the turquoise curve should be the same curves (the curves on the outer panel building the joint) one taken from the a picture and one taken from the  layout book.

I compared some other pics from the layout book and there is the same. They are distorted in lenght to heigth.

Tobias

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
My apologies.  

I guess I misunderstood what you were pointing out, and couldn't well visualize it on my phone.
I really should download the body builders handbook because when I try to view it I stumble on an ever loading Microsoft logo.

It appears that you have all the wheel openings worked out for your model.  
Exciting to follow your progress and incredible detail!
Thank you for sharing with this Bullnose community.  :)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
moin moin,

this is the modified bench. It took longer than expected  and it opened an other, unexpected task - business as usual -

this is the "old" one. A small leather pad (arrow) lies in a frame witch is supported by a  underconstruction standing on the floor.

The leather pad is much thicker now and a thin frame is hovering over the floor. The hinge arms are new.
In the wet clear coating I pressed a piece of leather so I get the the leather structure on the bench so far as possible. But it´s not possible for me to catch it in a photo.

The elongated holes in floor for the fastening screws were closed and 2 new holes in the tunnel werde added. But the holes in carpet couldn´t be patched so I had to rip out the carpet. I will gum a new one when all modifications are done.

Tobias

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That looks really great!
I can see some of the leather grain in your last photo of the driver's side seat.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it does look great!  And that trick of giving it a leather texture is cool.  

Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
This post was updated on .
Hello to you,

the wiper works again. The bracket for wiper motor had to swap to the right side ´cause the steering shaft crosses on the left.

an animated gif. I don´t know if it works.

Here you see the control lever in both max. positions. Behind this, the connection for the ventilation pipe. It will take a few hours to build a new kink that fits.

The electric moduls need to be rearranged, like this. The fan above I think. How I solve it with the e-moduls - I will see...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Man, that is intricate!  But I'm sure you'll get it right.  

The gif doesn't seem to be working.  But you can post a video.  The way I do it is to put it on Youtube, get the embed code, tick the "Message is in HTML Format" box, and paste the code in here.

Reply | Threaded
|

muminvater
I´ve got no Youtube account and the other way I thought was microsoft one drive, is also not available cause microsoft cancelled all "free" accounts.

muminvater
Jep, ashes on my head - while uploadling I clicked on "resize" and of course that "funzt nicht" as we like to say.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  That is really well done!

Reply | Threaded
|

fryntrz
This whole thing is incredible, nicely built!
Bryan
1985 F-150 2wd frame off restomod underway, 460ci/TKO600 swapped
Instagram: @fryntrz