Morning Everybody

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Morning Everybody

86 1/2 Brutus
Howdy ya'll.  Just checking in to see how everybody is.  Nick, Brutus and myself are doing ok.  My back wont let me do much these days.  Between work and all the freak storms down here.  Had a big tree fall onto the back of the house, but thankfully nothing was damaged.     Nick and I are itching to get back on the Ranchero, which hopefully will be soon.      Its been about a year now that we strted with Brutus, and I have to report.  right now, all he needs is a wax job, oil change, and the usual alternator belt tighten attempt.  Other then that, just great.  Its already hot down here in Louisiana, and the new ac system is holding up wonderful and blowing ice cold..    Need to replace the check valve though, when you hit the gas you loose ac for a little bit until the truck gets back into 3rd.  Other then that, I'm glad we decided to restore Brutus rather then buy a newer used truck.
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Morning Everybody

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hey George!
That's not good.  I'd seen some pictures of flooding but didn't think about the trees.
Glad that neither of you, or your property were badly damaged.

Do we need to figure out if a check valve is still available new?
What the part number is??
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
George - Good to hear from you.  Glad you are safe, though that new storm down there is sure to bring you more rain, which I'm sure you don't need.

On the check valve, are you talking about the one in the line to the HVAC controls?  Right by the blower motor?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
If so I have a brand new one I will mail you. I recently redid the HVAC on my truck (got the AC charged yesterday, blows cold - just in time for summer) and I used a vacuum ball that had a built-in check valve and didn't need the external one. Let me know if you want it.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Good to hear you made it thru the storms with little if any damage.

If you guys could post up the PN for the check valve (81 F100 factory AC) that would be good.
The factory one dose not hold and the 2 store bought I can blow air thru from both sides, that tells me they dont work either
So far it has not been too big an issue but would be nice to have it work right.
Thanks
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll add this info to the Documentation/HVAC page.  According to this illustration that is 19A563 as the base part number:

And from this it appears to be D70Z 19A563-A:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thank you, Gary!
Some day (hopefully) I will have a wifi connection and a optical reader, so I can access my MPC, and provide this kind of help.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Welcome.

This one took a bit of searching in the MPC.  I didn't remember seeing that valve in illustrations and wasn't successful guessing the name of VALVE (AIR CONDITIONER VACUUM CHECK).  I tried searching "valve" but soon realized there are billions of them in the MPC and gave up.

Finally I searched for "vacuum" in the illustrations, and after wading through a bunch of EGR ones found the one above.  Oddly enough it says it is only for 1980 & 81 trucks, but we all know it was the same for later trucks save for the vacuum canister changing to a ball.  Anyway, that gave me the base part number and Bob's your uncle.

All that to say that I'm learning how to search the MPC.  Sometimes I get lucky and find it straightaway, and sometimes it takes quite a while.