classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Monthly Truck Photo Contest

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There's been some discussion about having a monthly photo contest for our trucks.  We did this a couple of years ago when the forum was quite small and it kinda died out.  But maybe now we have enough activity to warrant it.

So, let's try this.  I've created a new pinned folder called Monthly Truck Photo Contest, and within it I put up a folder for April.  And I added 66gtk's truck's pic.  PLEASE DO NOT POST IN EITHER OF THOSE FOLDERS AT THE MOMENT!  They are to sorta figure out what we want to do, so let's keep the discussion in this thread.

I think we need a vote process each month for the next month.  Yes?  I've added a poll in this thread to get our juices flowing.  Please vote.  And please reply.

Which Truck For April, 2020?
This poll is closed.   
This poll ended on .
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Monthly Truck Photo Contest

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've set the Monthly Truck Photo Contest folder up so only admins can create topics w/in it or reply.  But I think I set up the April 2020 folder so you can reply to it.  Please go see.

If that doesn't work, then I think I'll have to kill the April 2020 folder and make it just a reply

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I did some playing with the new folders and realized that we ought to have threads within the Monthly Truck Photo Contest folder, and the admins will create each new thread - to which you should be able to reply.  And once I figure out how to delete a folder I'll delete the one that's now named Mistake.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm guessing GSM tried to post in the locked folder.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, what I had planned and how it actually worked were two different things.  But I think I got it fixed.

The plan was that the pinned folder, called Monthly Truck Photo Contest would be locked such that only admins could create a thread/topic in it.  And we would create one per month.  But the threads would not be locked, so after the admin created it and posted the pic of the truck for the month any member could comment.

But, I didn't tick the box in Permissions that let people reply.  So, when someone tried they got "You can't do that, please request permission", which GSMBlue did.  I've now fixed that and proved it with my Test User login.

HOWEVER, we don't have a way to determine what the next month's truck will be.  And we need to be discussing that right now so we are ready for May.  HELP, PLEASE!

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Do we create a poll?

I'm thinking of one particular to-tone-truck myself  p
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Not sure which truck you mean, but I can create a new thread with a poll in it.  However, I don't think I can change the questions in the poll once I create it.  And the poll has to be in the first post of a thread, I think.
 But, let's give it a try.

First, I need pics to post so they know what they are voting for.  So, folks, please post pics of the truck you are suggesting for truck of the month.  Just one pic each, and after we get a few of them I'll create the poll.

Will that work?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I'm guessing GSM tried to post in the locked folder.  
Guilty!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gsmblue wrote
Guilty!
But, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be locked.    You were meant to post in there.

I logged in with my Test User account, saw the Reply button, and called it good.  But, after you had problems I tried to reply and got the same response you did - ask for permission.  So I fixed it.  Sorry.