classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking For An 85/85 ECU Bracket/Strap Combo Or Pictures Thereof

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Shaun - Thanks.  That pic seems to go with the illustration you found. I really don't know how the computer is held in, but I guess we will find out.

As for finding a factory one, if the one that David found works well then I'll need to find another for Dad's truck.  But David has found two, and Shaun threw one away, so apparently they are out there.  
You could easily make a tab to hold the computer in place.

I actually found a third (now second with your purchase) one on Ebay. None of the three seem to have a retaining bracket, which is strange. It can't be anything too significant if none of those sellers included it. I'm thinking it's just a small tab, but I just can't recall since I tore that truck apart three years ago now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm guessing that there's a tab or something that holds the computer in since three out of three don't have anything extra.  And, as I think about it, the listing in the MPC doesn't show anything extra either.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
David - That one you found today is now on its way to Skiatook.  Thanks!  For $23 inc shipping I couldn't go wrong.
That's what friends are for!