Light Group Option (Under Dash and Glovebox) Great Price!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Light Group Option (Under Dash and Glovebox) Great Price!

salans7
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Light Group Option (Under Dash and Glovebox) Great Price!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's a very good price, Shaun!  Good find.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
In reply to this post by salans7
I wound up buying this harness off this person for $35 on another ebay listing since this one expired. Does anyone have pictures of where the lights attach under the dashboard? I've been wanting this package for years and glad to have finally found it as the single dome light just isn't enough.
1986 F250 351W, C6, 10.25 Semi float 3.55 gear, 250K Miles

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I tried to find some photos from the ones in my F150, but they may have been on my corrupted memory card.

Anyways, on the passenger side, they have a dedicated tab that is part of the dash frame, right next to the kick panel. It points towards the firewall, and should be easy to spot.

On the driver's side, it mounts right next to the hood release, on the dash frame. You should see the two holes they require. One hole is for the tab on the light, and the other is for the screw.
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
Thanks, that'll help out a lot. I never knew the courtesy lighting also had a glove box light. That'll be sweet.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
FordFETruck wrote
Thanks, that'll help out a lot. I never knew the courtesy lighting also had a glove box light. That'll be sweet.
Yep! It's one of my favorite upgrades I put on my F150. Be careful with the white plastic that surrounds the bulbs. It can be very brittle after 40 years and may break off if you bump it the wrong way. It happened to me on the set I pulled for my F350. Now I have to come up with another type of bulb/bulb holder for the under-dash harness.
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
Yeah, it looks a bit delicate but should be alright. I'm surprised how DIM the dome light is even with a good LED. My 99 grand marquis has the exact same dome light although it has the courtesy floor lighting, I still feel it gives off more light from the dome light than the truck ever has.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Do you have the clear (aftermarket) lense in the dome light? Or the white/yellow one?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
Both my truck and the grand marquis have the clear lens.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Ah, I was picturing the other style which you can get this for: https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1980-96-clear-dome-light-lens
It and the led made a huge difference in my truck.
I've never had the style you have but I remember a guy here using a paddle like led bulb that only lit up on one side. I think it worked out well for him?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
The style I have takes a 194 bulb, I think that's why it's' so dim. I put a 5 SMD white 194 in it years ago and it helped but still not enough.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by FordFETruck
I put a page from the EVTM showing the back of the dash and the mounting points highlighted the other day.
You didn't see it???
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
No, I guess I'll have to go look for it. I received the harness today, it's in pretty good shape. Not sure where the green/blue filtered light with the side clip connector goes, factory radio maybe? truck already has an ash tray light.

Edit: I bought the harness from the same seller as the expired link, but apparently the seller had more than one, because its not the same harness in the photo on this thread. The one I bought has an extra light.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Someone was asking if the door jamb switch made power or ground because they wanted to run a wire for footwell lights.
I said the harness connector is already there above the trans hump, between the radio and footwell.
I put the schematic and the view of the back of the dash with the two mounts on the dash frame highlighted..l.

IDK who it was.
Maybe I'll look for it when I get on the road this morning
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That's probably what made come look at this after blowing up the LMC vendor review yesterday. 😄

That's why, even though I have a Custom, and would never want footwell lights I knew the schematic and the drawing where the mount points were shown.
If I had the paper book I would have cracked it open to that very page.

My "gifted" mind makes all kind of connections and files things into folders and drives only I would understand.
Autism is both a blessing and a curse.  ðŸ™„
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It was scbill in the whydtytt.

Start here:   https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p145190.html

HTH....  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That extra light is either for the HVAC control panel, or for the ashtray.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
that would be the ash tray lamp. the heat/ air control light is in the standard harness and not in the option harness.