classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

License plates...

1986F150Six
Administrator
Some of you know I love to collect automotive and motorcycle license plates and hang them on the wall of my man-cave [Jr. Garagemahal]

During the previous GTG and Ford Truck Shows, I have been blessed by the generosity of those who have shared with me. I have seen some collections with only pristine examples or ones only in a series or all counties in their home state, etc., but I like them all, even rusty and crusty! Those have character and a story!

Some forum members have even provided ones from other countries!

Yesterday, as I was in my work area, I inventoried the states I have [36] as well as the ones I do not have. Since this year's show is virtual, I want to list the states I am missing and if anyone has one, which is not something they want to hold on to, please contact me.

Thanks!

Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: License plates...

myrl883
I can probably come up with an old Oregon plate. Any color preference? We've had many variations over the years.
Ford Parts Monkey since 1985
1981 F100 Flareside - Black, 302-4V Roller/AOD
1986 F150 Flareside - Medium Fire Red 302/AOD
1989 F150 Standard Cab 4x4 - Dk Shadow Blue 302/AOD
1993 F350 4x4 Crew Cab - 7.3 IDI/ZF-5
I think it's a sickness...
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I am not picky. Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I want to thank my new friend, grumpin [Dane] for providing an Oregon license plate!

And, today, one of the regular morning coffee crowd at a local restaurant informed me that he contacted an old buddy who lives in Alaska. An Alaskan license plate is on its way. Yea!

Now, I only need 12 more states to be complete!

Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
1986F150Six wrote
I want to thank my new friend, grumpin61 [Dane] for providing an Oregon license plate!

And, today, one of the regular morning coffee crowd at a local restaurant informed me that he contacted an old buddy who lives in Alaska. An Alaskan license plate is on its way. Yea!

Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
I may be able to get you a SC plate I am going to transfer my vet plate to my car and "turn in" my old plate.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
TheScatch wrote
I may be able to get you a SC plate I am going to transfer my vet plate to my car and "turn in" my old plate.
That would be great! Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  But, if not my daughter lives in SC and might be able to get you one.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Thanks, Gary! How is your daughter's family adjusting and is the Subaru holding up?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They are really liking it. Very different from any place they’ve been, but lots of new things to see.

And the Subie is doing well. However they just use it around town as it still uses/loses coolant if taken on the highway. But around town it seems to go for weeks without more being added.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
And the Subie is doing well. However they just use it around town as it still uses/loses coolant if taken on the highway. But around town it seems to go for weeks without more being added.
That reminds me of a horse being put out to pasture!
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
I can ask my son and one other for a WV plate.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
1986F150Six wrote
I want to thank my new friend, grumpin [Dane] for providing an Oregon license plate!

Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Hi David, I was able to get a Nevada plate for you, but I have not mailed it to you yet... I also have a couple older Arizona plates (brown with white letters) would you like one?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Dave, I’ve been looking at a 1963 “PHOTOSCENIC” NH license plate for the last three years, found in a box of random items that I inherited. I never knew what to do with it other than to not throw it away.

It’s off-white (Wimbledon white?) front and back, pressed metal, with British Racing green painted characters, XX###.

Interested?
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
85lebaront2 wrote
I can ask my son and one other for a WV plate.
Thank you, Sir!
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by grumpin
grumpin wrote
1986F150Six wrote

Dane,

The package arrived Saturday and when I opened the box, there were two Oregon license plates. I want to thank you for the additional plate and knowing it came off your Bullnose truck adds a story to it!

I also want to thank you for your service to our Country! [Dane mentioned that he had replaced the 2nd plate with Veteran plates].

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Ford F834 wrote
Hi David, I was able to get a Nevada plate for you, but I have not mailed it to you yet... I also have a couple older Arizona plates (brown with white letters) would you like one?
Thank you, Jonathan, for the Nevada plate [another one of the remaining]!

I would love the Arizona plates [the more the merrier!], but already have one, so do not send them as that would increase the cost of shipping.

Thank you again!
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Vic Roma
Vic Roma wrote
Dave, I’ve been looking at a 1963 “PHOTOSCENIC” NH license plate for the last three years, found in a box of random items that I inherited. I never knew what to do with it other than to not throw it away.

It’s off-white (Wimbledon white?) front and back, pressed metal, with British Racing green painted characters, XX###.

Interested?
Yes! Let me know what you have in mind, Vic.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
1986F150Six wrote
grumpin wrote
1986F150Six wrote

Dane,

The package arrived Saturday and when I opened the box, there were two Oregon license plates. I want to thank you for the additional plate and knowing it came off your Bullnose truck adds a story to it!

I also want to thank you for your service to our Country! [Dane mentioned that he had replaced the 2nd plate with Veteran plates].
You’re welcome! And thank you!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
I had in mind sending it to you...

I'll PM you for your address.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.