classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LED headlights that actually put out useful light

RenoHuskerDu
Howdy,

Here's what I'm running in our Bullnose now. They had great reviews on fleabay and cost only about $50 iirc.  The low beam is quite good. The high, less so in that it's too centered in the middle, as if for freeway use only. The low stays on with the high, fortunately. They've lasted a year now with no issues. Yet.

But they have that coolness factor especially the little "LED" and accent bar under it like big white longhorns, both light up with the parking lights. That probably raised its fleabay rating...

Has anybody found an LED replacement lamp that works well on both low and high?  And lasts for more than a year?
Reno in Central Texas, 86 F250 XLT Lariat eclb 2wd 6.9, plus 2 Bricknoses, 1 Aeronose that's getting a Bullnose front clip, and parts trucks. Busy lads, father and sons wrenchers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LED headlights that actually put out useful light

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Those aren't as "modern" looking as I thought they'd be.  Glad to see that you like them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Tyler
I've been using these since 2018 with no problems.   Great light output in low and high.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRXTX32/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_5dbdGbH637AGJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
1985 F150 4x4 SB 300 I6: Comp 268 cam, '68 240 head, Offy DP, FI manifolds, Holley Sniper 2300, DUI street/strip distributor, BW T-18, Tuff Country 4" suspension lift, Yukon Offroad hubs + front and rear Duragrip LSD 3.73 ratio, 33-12.5/15s

Gear Vendors overdrive unit on order.

Oklahoma boy livin in Washington State.  Retired submarine MMNCM (Nuclear Machinist's Mate, Master Chief)
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I may have to look into some of those for my Lebaron convertible, it takes 4 of the smaller rectangular lights, and I am trying to replace as many lights as I can with LEDs. I already have all the rear and the front other than the headlights converted. Turn signals and hazard still function normally since it has an electronic combination flasher.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413