1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LED digital gauge package

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting, David.  I'm sure there are a lot of guys looking to make their trucks more modern.

At first I thought I spotted a problem in that they show a sending unit for the speedo that doesn't have the passthrough for the cable, and if you have speed control you might need the cable.  However, they seem to say it'll work with the sending unit you have if you have speed control, although they don't say that explicitly so you'd have to check to make sure.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Pretty much everyone offers a GPS unit for the speedo.

In my opinion these all digital dashes look like they came out of KITT from Knightrider. The LED style is 90's display technology.

I use a NVU setup that I really like. Their dash kit fits our trucks well.

Somebody just introduced a dash that is just a big digital screen. I thought that was cool. I'll look for that and share if I can find it.  
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
wow that makes me think of the general motors designs of the day. not for me. led bulbs are as far as I'm willing to go.
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Check out this one.

And they have plug and play adapters for CAN bus and OBD2 and others.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
that one looks worse than the others. it may be ok, but it just does not fit. I keep watching Dakota digital for a quality looking dash cluster. I have studied all of the vendor displays from a few different brands for the past few years at the nsra meet in Louisville ky. although I don't think I'm making it this year. there are many good options for chevy c10 and almost anything chevy or mustang and even tons for street rods but we are still the last in line it seems.