classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner

Machspeed
Administrator
Yesterday was a good day, as I got a ton of things done with NO pitfalls! One of the things I did was clean my steering wheel. It's felt nasty for a long time now and had this blackish brown gunk all over it. There are two thin grooves in the face of the wheel and one could barely discern them.

Anyway, I wanted to brag on this product called LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner that helped me to really speed up the cleaning time. I bought it sometime back and had forgotten about it. I was cleaning the wheel and the process was really going slow. I tried several things and then remembered that I had the LA stuff. Pulled it out thinking it probably wouldn't be any better than the other things, but boy was I wrong. It made quick work of that nasty grime on that wheel. My wheel, with the exception of some wear, looks almost brand new now. After cleaning the wheel, I cleaned several other panels with it. Very impressed with this stuff! And here's the capper..... only $1.15 at the local Dollar Tree. I almost hesitate to post this, as I fear news will get out and they'll raise the price 10x's! Before they do though, I think I may give up my day time job and become a door to door salesman with this stuff.......only $19.99 a bottle!!!    

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The 10x markup is pretty inviting.
The thought of being a vector casting that wide a net, isn't.

Yeah, I not only have all that dead skin and body oil, but often glue, caulk, primer, whatever on my hands.

It must be amazing to that someone who thinks they're clean(ish)
And I haven't noticed it any better in the past year, when im using hand sanitizer religiously.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
That's cool, John!  But I wouldn't quit you day job as I can't see you making a go of it.  

I know what you mean about the steering wheels.  I fought and fought with the one that was on Big Blue and it kept feeling sticky.  But before I put the later model one on from Huck I really, REALLY got serious about cleaning it 'cause it was gross.  Don't remember what all I used, but it was probably Dawn & SEM Soap with a toothbrush.  Whatever I used it was a battle, but it finally got it clean and I then coated it with 303 protectant and it seems to have done the trick.

Anyway, it looks like you found a good solution, pun intended, so that is good to know.  Thanks!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You don't think the 303 seems slippery holding the wheel?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, it wasn't slick.  It seemed to seal the rubber and give it a nice finish.  But it was still pliable and not slick.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'll have to look into it then.

Thanks for the heads feedback.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
I just did the same thing today! With dish soap, goof off, some interior detail spray...
It was one of many interior spots that got hit. I find a lot of cheap cleaning supplies at dollar tree- scouring pads, towels, etc.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

myrl883
I've used a few of the LA cleaners from Dollar Tree and had great luck with all of them. They're a bargain!!
Ford Parts Monkey since 1985
1981 F100 Flareside - Black, 302-4V Roller/AOD
1986 F150 Flareside - Medium Fire Red 302/AOD
1989 F150 Standard Cab 4x4 - Dk Shadow Blue 302/AOD
1993 F350 4x4 Crew Cab - 7.3 IDI/ZF-5
I think it's a sickness...