classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Joining Process Testing Help?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've been working on the joining process for when we migrate to the AWS servers, and I think I'm almost "there".  However, my testing has run into a glitch right at the end when the new user is asked to log in.  But, it might have been me or my browser that has been tripping me up.

So, if some of y'all would like to help test I'd appreciate it.  You'll need an email address that you haven't used on here before, but you can create new ones in gmail just for this purpose if you want.  (I have ~a dozen.  )  And any new membership you create will be lost when we migrate, so there's no worries about duplication.

And you'll be doing this on one or both of two "test" forums I have running on the AWS servers.  Just go to the New Bullnose Test Forum link in the upper right, and choose either #8 or #9 and click on the link.  That'll take you to a backup I made of this forum as of last Sunday, so you should be logged in as yourself.

Here are the steps:

1. Log out: In the upper right is your "screen name".  Click it and log out.

2. Register: In the upper right should be a link allowing you to register.  Click it.

3. Form: Fill in the registration form using your unused email address, and create a new screen name.  Perhaps you should make it "Testxxxxyyy" where "xxxyyy" is your current screen name so we know who you are?

4. Follow process.  But it would help if you were to take screenshots as you go along, and especially if you run into a problem.  On Windows 10 you can do that multiple ways, but I press the Windows button and then PrtScrn (F8), which puts the snag in Pictures/Screenshots.

The intent is for you to wind up logged in and looking at a Create Post screen in New Members Start Here.  And that should be all you can do - create a new post in NMSH.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!  And if you walk through the process on #8 you can try it again on #9 with the same email address and the same screen name.  Those forums are identical, but separate.

Thanks!!!!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Joining Process Testing Help?

ratdude747
It works but the automatic first post after clicking the email link redirected to the main forum, which led to me accidentally posting a very unprofessional and stupid looking test post on my actual account on the actual forum! . At least I was able to delete the topic...

That said, the test account does work on the test forum... so I guess that means it'll work once the migration happens?

This was on my work laptop on Chrome.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wait!  When you clicked the link in the email you were to have been taken to a create new thread page in the NMSH folder. Or, a login screen and then the create page. Where were you taken?  The main page?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Also, Larry, you joined “9”, but you can try the same thing in “8” with the same email address.

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Both links send me to #9. I can't access #8.

---

The NMSH new post page I was direct to after email confirmation was the main forum's NMSH new post page, not the #9 test forum's NMSH new post page.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, two issues then:

1: Can’t access 8. You are right and I’ll correct then when I get home and can edit the site. But you can do it by just changing the 9 to 8 in the url.

2: The link took you to the production forum. Well, I’ll check into why, but that won’t be a problem when we migrate, so…

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Home now and the links are fixed.  So you should be able to get to the forum on "8" as well as "9".