In search of a driveshaft...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

In search of a driveshaft...

Mark
I'm in no rush, so before buying new I thought I'd see if anyone has either a parts rig or a spare driveshaft they might consider letting go? It's for a 1984 swb 2wd with an 8.8 rear end and an AOD transmission. I can get any measurements or details needed.
1984, f150 short bed straight six AOD.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: In search of a driveshaft...

ratdude747
I have an aluminum one out of a crown vic that might work (had a 4R70 so the slip yoke should be the same at least). Too long for my long bed ranger, too short for my long bed F150.

Was going to have it shortened for the Ranger but I never got around to it. Let me know what your spider cap to spider cap measurement is and I'll compare.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
I sure will 👍
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
The front yoke is gone, I'm sure it's wherever the original driveshaft is at. But from the center of the rear companion flange, to the base of the tail shaft is 57 inches.

In my study of this, I see there are something like 71 different driveshafts 🤦‍♂️
What I've learned is mine is a 117", AOD with a 8.8 rear end non removable carrier. I feel like this is going to be the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
I have one kicking around still from my donor truck.  It was an '85, 302, aod, 8.8 rear end.  I can measure and check on it next chance I get. I don't drop in here much and my email alerts from the forums keep getting buried.  If need be, email me directly at cliftonkramer1@gmail.com
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
Awesome 👍 I Just sent you an email, so that you will have mine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
In reply to this post by CliftonK
Clifton, sir THANK YOU,  received the driveshaft today! I test fit it and it is  a PERFECT fit! I appreciate your help so very much!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI