I'm here and we are safe from Ida

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I'm here and we are safe from Ida

86 1/2 Brutus
Hey ya'll we finally got communications back and just wanted to let everybody know Nick and I are ok.  We have a whole lot of damage, but  most importantly, we have our lives.  the eye of Ida came right over top of us, and we rode it out in a trailer.  Never, never, never again.   I've been through hurricanes, but not like this.  Destruction everywhere, nothing went untouched

To give you a pretty good idea.  Our friend Carl that lives right across the street is in a house on a slab.  When things started to get so bad we thought our trailer was just going to start coming apart, we decided we need to go to Carl's house to ride the rest of this out.  We ran outside and jumped in Brutus.  You know how powerful he is.  If you dont know Brutus.  He is a special edition, basically a Military truck dressed to kill.   Military version of the 300, Military version of the C6, and the Military version of the 8.8 rear with 3.08 gears.  He can pull or smash anything out of his way.  Anyway, we jump in the truck, Nick had the pedal to the floor and all we could do is go backward, it was one of the most terrifying things i have ever witnessed.  Needless to say, we made it over there and his house was shaking just as bad as our trailer.  I just thank God we are ok and am able to sitting here writing this.
Needless to say, there will be a delay in working on the ranchero, but after all is said and done, we may have a garage to do it in

peace and love to you all
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I'm here and we are safe from Ida

jdavidsmi
Glad you both are safe, so many were not. I have been through a lot of hurricane, growing up in Florida, then being stationed around the state while in the Air Force. An I will be the first to say this one scared me.
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
Very glad you made it through safely. I don't and haven't lived on the Gulf coast, but am on the East Coast, now on Virginia's appendix (Eastern Shore). I haven't been through a major one here yet, but have been through a number, first I remember well was Hazel, we were in Dahlgren VA and the eye went right over us.

Isabel did a number on SE Virginia, we were lucky, only lost power for 32 hours, but she shut the area down pretty badly. My two antique Onan 4K generators got a workout following Isabel. One was in Chesapeake where my son and several other friends had gone where one had a big house. House was fine, big tree took out the power lines so they were on the generator for a week, the other was in NW Suffolk where a good friend's little Coleman set threw a rod. He just needed a way to keep his food safe.

We are technically in a trailer as it is a "manufactured home" and sits on pedestals under what was the trailers the halves came on. It is a post Isabel setup, meaning the floor has to be 3 feet off the ground. We would go (and have) to the garage (40' X 40' Steelmaster building with the front (door wall) built to local hurricane requirements (some of the highest on the East Coast). Local codes compliance head stopped by one day and made the comment that it was probably one of the safest places in the county.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you are safe!  That was a bad storm!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Glad to hear you both made it through Ida safely.

I'm thinking of you as I'm watching rainfall totals and flood reports from this latest storm.

Hope you're safe and dry.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.