classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I WANT YOUR TRUCK!

Machspeed
Administrator
Yeah, I knew a title like that would get your attention! Do not open this and fail to respond!!!

Seriously, I’d like to acquire all our Bullnose members/owners 80-86 F150’s and Broncos for our Truck of the month contest. I’d like four pictures, two exterior, one interior, and one engine picture for each truck profile if possible. I would also like a story on your truck. If you entered the 2020 Virtual Truck show, you already have most of what I would want and really, if you're content with what is in there, just need your permission to build a profile on your truck. If you did not enter the virtual show and are curious about the story, I encourage to read through some of those stories.

That said, you can send your pictures and story to me at the following email address: aquamach@yahoo.com

If you have questions or needs, don’t hesitate to contact me either through this thread or the above email.

Thanks,
John

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I WANT YOUR TRUCK!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, you are on.  Tomorrow is to be a pretty day, so I'll get BB out and take some pics.  Promise!

As for the story, do you want more than what was in the virtual show entry?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Whatever you want, Gary. Basically, whatever you think will interest others and make them vote for your truck.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - Do you have a format you want to use?  What about a limit on the number of characters?

I just looked at Big Blue's show entry and it is mainly bullet points.  Are you wanting prose?

I'm just trying to see what you are thinking we should do.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Frank Wyatt
OK. Well, she really isn't pretty but if you need anything let me know.
1981 F 150 Custom 300 ci with a fully rebuilt 1968 240 head Carter YFA T-18 3.25 9" rear 2WD
dual gas tanks
1990 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 AOD
Home town Mc Kenzie, TN
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Morning Gary. My hope is to post three entries in each TOM contest. With each entry, I want to post four pictures, two exterior, one interior, and one engine. A paragraph on the truck would be nice. Something that connects you to the truck, a personal touch so to speak....i.e how long you've had the truck, how you acquired it, what interests you about it, and what you intend to do with it. If you have an interesting story, put it in. I'd like this to be as much about the owner as it is the truck. Putting a bunch of mod stuff in, may be too much, let the pictures do that for you.  

To those of you whom have already sent me things, thank you. I got them but have been incredibly busy this weekend.    
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - I sent you a bunch of pics in an email just now.  But I suggest that you ask people to limit the size of the pics to less than 1 Mb as otherwise you'll have to edit them to be able to post them.  And, they need to be properly oriented so you don't have to do that either.

As for the write up, I'll take a stab at it later today.  But you let me know what you think and we can iterate on it to get it the way you envision.

Reply | Threaded
|

nlongo33
Sent...thank you
From high to low, from fast to slow

1981 F-100
1987 k5 blazer
1987 3+3 Crew Cab
1968 Galaxy Wagon
1967 Mustang
1925 Model T Sedan
2007 Dodge Megacab  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
John - I sent a draft writeup.  Hope you are getting the emails?

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Yes Gary, I got it. Have not looked at it yet but will by weeks end. Thanks to you and all whom have sent their information!  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No prob, John.  But since I have several email addresses for you I was afraid I'd used the wrong one.  Take your time, but I'll plug away on the document I've got going and then you tell me how you'd like it changed.

Reply | Threaded
|

Andre
In reply to this post by Machspeed
John,

I send some information to the email you posted, please let me know when received, as the file was pretty big.
Hope to compete with the January truck of the month.

Thanks
Andre
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
That's a beautiful Bronco, Andre! I'll put together a profile for you in the folder, but it may be a bit before I enter it in the Truck Of The Month. I'm not getting as many entries as I'd hoped for and your Bronco needs some competition.  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
My truck is an ugly POS but I might be able to upload some pictures sometime :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Send it, buddy!
John

Reply | Threaded
|

myrl883
I sent mine today from my work email. Just letting you know in case it goes into your spam file. Please edit as necessary.

Myrl
Ford Parts Monkey since 1985
1981 F100 Flareside - Black, 302-4V Roller/AOD
1986 F150 Flareside - Medium Fire Red 302/AOD
1989 F150 Standard Cab 4x4 - Dk Shadow Blue 302/AOD
1993 F350 4x4 Crew Cab - 7.3 IDI/ZF-5
I think it's a sickness...