classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hydraulic clutch- Slave cylinder clip

BigBrother-84
Hi Gentlemen!

Couple of months ago, I decided I was tired about the tweety bird signing each time I was waiting on neutral, at a red stop light.  Slightly depressing the clutch shuts up the bird's song.  There was a bearing in the clutch system that was complaining.

The surgery appointment was last week (I am not equipped for that kind of mechanical operation).  While we are at it, why not renew the clutch master cylinder and  the slave one.
The crossmember and its pads was also changed, thanks to Curt!
https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Crossmember-transmission-support-bushings-tp119116p119166.html

Took back Big Brother home this afternoon.  He's clutching as a young horse!

But I am not happy with the "finishing touch"...  The slave cylinder came without the retaining clip.  The guys attached it with some tie wraps.

I tried some search on the web without success.  Anyway, not sure about what exactly to order.

Any advice about the good part, and where to find one?  In case it counts, Big Brother is a T18 equipped truck.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hydraulic clutch- Slave cylinder clip

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Even with my glasses on I can't read that, so here 'tis again from our page at Documentation/Driveline/Clutches And Linkage.  And on the Hydraulic Linkage tab it looks like 7A603.   Then on the Part Numbers tab it looks like that is E4TZ 7A603-B for the full part number.

A Google search for that turns up a link to Ford Parts Giant, which says it is discontinued.  But there's also a link to Shapeways where they'll make you one for $15.34.

But, wasn't there one on the old slave cylinder?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
there's also a link to Shapeways
Thanks Gary.  3D printing is interesting, and this is an exact replica, I'll probably give a try.

About the original one, frankly, I don't know what happened.  I'll ask my garage friend, probably there was none, or it was broken during the operation.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Let us know how the 3D printing thing goes.  I've used Shapeways and they do go work, but haven't had them make that thing.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI