Howdy! New Members - Texas South Plains

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Howdy! New Members - Texas South Plains

TeamCope
Hello!  TeamCope here, Abernathy, Tx.  Father / son duo.

I dream about what was and he dreams about what will be.  

I am excited to be a member as the Bullnose forum has helped me out tremendously in just a short time.  I inherited my grandfathers 1985 F250 which he purchased new and kept its whole life!  Though this was many years ago that I got it I am extremely excited to finally getting to it.  I got this truck in 2011 and hauled it to Texas from California.  It ran for about 4 or 5 more years and then had a fuel problem and would not start.  From there I took it to multiple mechanics that never could get it running again and told me I'd be better off scrapping it because of all the emissions and smog components but I never could.  I continued to haul it around the country when we moved for work, first to Colorado and then Arizona before bringing it back to Abernathy, Texas. The truck is complete and will turn over with some ether still. Minor rust from that ocean air but overall not bad at all!

They say if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself, so that's what we are going to do.  I have been reading a lot on Bullnose Forum and learned so much!  I already feel like I know the nuance and differences between so many years and models.  My experience is limited but I did help my oldest son a few years ago update a beater 1988 Bronco and it turned out really nice so I am building on that confidence and running a can do attitude!  

My youngest son just turned 15 and has always been into cars, much more than me!  He aspires to restore trucks and I really want to encourage him to follow his dream so.......we are doing it together! So far we have spent as much time under the truck as we have on this site.  Every time each of us comes across something we are so excited to make the other read the whole thread, its really pretty funny.

Just ordered what I would consider to be a complete fuel system, new tanks, sending units, hoses, tank selector valve, etc.  At some point a mechanic disconnected the rear fuel tank and bypassed the selector valve along with rewiring and just making a mess of things trying to get it to run.  I know we will get it going again.  After the fuel problems and getting it to start we have a complete brake replacement and really want to remove all the emissions and smog components (this probably scares me the most). But what the heck right?!

Okay, well thanks for having me / us! Really looking forward to it!

Papa's Truck: 1985 F250HD Lariat XLT, RWD, 460 V8 7.5L, Dual Tanks, Electronic Fuel Control
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Howdy! New Members - Texas South Plains

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you'uns joined.  

But, what do we call you?  Team?  Cope?  You do realize that membership is free so you could both enter and have your own accounts?  And, we do our best to keep it family-friendly as my grandtwins, who are 11, read the site.

As for your truck, we can help you with that.  Big Blue was an 85 F250 w/a 460, dual tanks, etc so I'm quite familiar with the setup.  I'm confident you'll get it going, soon.

Would you like to be on our map?  You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and Abernathy, Tx is as close as we get - no addresses allowed.

Let's see a pic or two of the truck.  But you might want to read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ to see how to post pics.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

TeamCope
Thank you!  I'd be delighted to be on the map - Abernathy's zip is 79311.  I realized after reading many other posts that he should be on as well, so ultimately we wont have to share!

Here are some pics of it and where we are at today!

Thanks again looking forward to it!
Papa's Truck: 1985 F250HD Lariat XLT, RWD, 460 V8 7.5L, Dual Tanks, Electronic Fuel Control
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  And the truck looks like it is all there, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it back on the road.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by TeamCope
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by TeamCope
Not sure how I missed this, but welcome to the forum!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.