Hot (Live) Wires

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hot (Live) Wires

Aron
I Need Some Help. I Can't Find Anything That Tells Me Where Live Wires On With The Key On. I Have A Diesel Engine So It's A Little Harder.
"The Bearded Lady" 1986 F250 4x4 6.9IDI
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hot (Live) Wires

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Aron - The email you were sent asked you to post an introduction in the New Members Start Here folder.  That's requested for two reasons.  First, because that gives you another chance to see the guidelines, and we hold everyone to them so it is important that you see and read them.  Second, we are a community and like to get to know each other, so introductions are important.

As for your question, there's plenty of documentation on this site that answers your question.  The first place I'd recommend is at Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1986 EVTM.  Then go to the Charge & Power Distribution (Diesel Engines) pages.  And on Page 22 you'll see the ignition switch and all of the wires that are hot in Run.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI