Gregory
86 F250 Ext cab 4wd desmogged 460 w/ c6 35" w/ps serpentine pulley system
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Honest price quote

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It is hard to tell the condition due to the small size and orientation of the pictures.  You can read about how to post pics on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's, but there are two main things associated with posting pics:

File Size: You cannot post a pic that is larger than 1MB w/o choosing to "Resize" it.  And doing so will then make the pic show smaller on the screen than it might otherwise.  So I edit all my pics with Photoshop before posting and get the size down to ~500KB.  That lets me post them full screen or anything less.

Orientation: When you take a pic with a modern device it encodes the orientation in the metadata in the file.  Smart software will read that metadata and reorient the pic before showing it, but our forum's software doesn't do that.  So you have to edit the file before posting and orient it the way you want it to show, save it, and then post that file.

Now for the truck.  I use Hagerty insurance and they have a valuation tool.  The tool says that a 1986 F250 Styleside Long Bed SuperCab 4x4 w/a 460 is worth:

GOOD:  $16,600  Runs and drives well.  Flaws not noticeable to passersby.  Most common condition.

FAIR:  $8,500  Has visible flaws to the naked eye.  Runs fine but could use mechanical or cosmetic attention.

They back that up with a number of recent sales data, but I will tell you that sale prices vary dramatically across the country.  The Pacific Northwest has the best trucks with the lowest prices.  The North East has rusty trucks and high prices.  And the Hagerty prices don't really reflect that, so they don't mean they are right for your area.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Honest price quote

76Fordx4
Thanks Gary for all the info. Yeah I kinda want through the posting pics too quickly. I'll jump on it today.
Gregory
86 F250 Ext cab 4wd desmogged 460 w/ c6 35" w/ps serpentine pulley system