Hidden gem for brake lines?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hidden gem for brake lines?

Littlebeefy
I found this brand (Right Stuff) that has a website that is somewhat secretly selling really great brake lines for our trucks. Maybe I'm not the only one who didn't know about it. Check it out:

RPUI.com

If you search their site, you find the parts that retailers like Summit and others don't show as interchange for our trucks (unless you happen to have an '82 I think). What's great about their offering is two fold:

1. They offer the sets in smaller pieces, so you don't have to buy all the lines in the kit, just the ones you need.

2. They offer all of the lines as pre-bent stainless in a bright finish (I just got my rear lines and they look great). Prices are very reasonable.

You can also just use the site to find the correct part number that Summit doesn't show, then just order from Summit...
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hidden gem for brake lines?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's cool, Chad!  Good find.  

But I'm curious to see if the lines fit the way they should.  A few years ago I got the lines for Dad's truck from Inline Tube and had to re-bend every piece.  In fact, one fitting was wrong and they had to make a new one.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Tell you what, Gary, I'm going to put this line in when I rotate my pinion in the next few weeks. I will take out the original factory lines and lay them side by side with the new stuff for photos. And then I'll let you know how they fit.

I just noticed they sell fuel lines for our trucks there also, so fingers crossed.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI