classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hi From Missouri

bullnose1985
Hello All,
I am Jon from Missouri and I the owner of yet another "Ol'blue". I started my Ford truck adventure on FTE and quickly found the fantastic resources that Gary Lewis had put together here on garys garagemahal!!
A very big thank you to Mr. Lewis for all you've time and effort!! Not to mention the help you and others from this forum have provided me with over the years.
If it wasn't for the efforts of each one of you I would have had to found ol'blue another home years ago. My profound thanks to you all.
As you can see by my signature I have done quite a bit to old blue and still working on her almost daily. As a matter of fact I am getting ready to go do just that here shortly.
Just wanted to briefly introduce myself self before I head out.

Once again my name is Jon and I am from Missouri. Just a old fart who likes working on old stuff. In the shop I have ol'blue a 1985 f250, a Volkswagen powered sand rail, a 1985 CJ-7 jeep, a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee and a 1969 CT90K1 Honda bike.

If there's anything I can do to help you good people I certainly won't hesitate.
Jon 1985 6.9l diesel chassis running a (1979 7.5I 460), f250, 4x4, t19, BW1345, front: (Heavy duty) dana 44 ifs (Spartan lunchbox locker, drain plug and D50 Half shaft) and rear: dana 70U (Detroit Soft Locker) full floater.
3G alternator, duraspark II 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi From Missouri

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jon - Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

What part of MO?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city or zip.  Also, because you may be near me in the Tulsa area.

Ol'blue sounds a lot like Big Blue.  Beefed up a whole lot!  You'll have to start a thread in the main section with pics.  Let us follow the work you do on him.

As for the Trail 90, both my wife and I had one, each, of those - years ago.  And she wants one again.  Yours for sale?  Since '69 was the year we were married...

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
Hi Gary,
I on the members map currently. I am about 33 miles north east of Kansas city Missouri. We are about 245 miles apart give or take.not to far away but quite a clip never the less.

Big Blue sounds like quite a rig! Very envious ZF5!! Is it a wide ratio? Been looking for one of those for awhile. Ol'blue has a BW T19 but it's about warnout. I have two other T19s on the bench just haven't gotten around to looking them over yet.

Ah yes the CT90K1 it is a fun little ride just got done putting a new carburetor on it. It is amazing the interest people take in it when I am driving it around.. I havent really considered selling it. Might be up for a trade but still undecided to be honest..

Thanks again for having me looking forward to spending some time on here with all the great people..
Jon 1985 6.9l diesel chassis running a (1979 7.5I 460), f250, 4x4, t19, BW1345, front: (Heavy duty) dana 44 ifs (Spartan lunchbox locker, drain plug and D50 Half shaft) and rear: dana 70U (Detroit Soft Locker) full floater.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jon - So you are both "bullnose1985" and "Ol'Blue85"?  You've been a member as Ol'Blue85 for over 2 years.  Man, you must really like the place to be a member twice.  

Yes, Big Blue is quite the rig.  He made it to/from Ouray a couple of months ago in style, and ran the Jeep roads with no problem.  And yes, his ZF5 is the wide ratio.  Your T-19 should have the 5.11 first gear but the ZF5 has a 5.72.  It'll go up or pull just about anything.  And yet, on the highway at 70 the engine is only turning 2000 RPM.  Good all 'round ratios.

On the Trail 90, we aren't actively in the market but Janey would really like one.  She's mentioned it several times.  I'd love to put one in the bed of Big Blue and take her over to Missouri or eastern OK and let her have fun.  So if you decide to sell or trade let me know.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh, I should have said your T-19 probably has the close-ratio gear set with the 4.02:1 first gear.  I forgot you have the diesel.  But, I do have a wide-ratio T-19 I took off Big Blue...  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by bullnose1985
Welcome! Glad you joined (again )
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary,
Yes I am both actually. I had forgotten that I had that. Lol. If you would be so kind to delete that i would appreciate it.
One day I would like to run a ZF and a married 205. Maybe one day. Also hopefully a 300 inline6 when the 460 wears out.
I will let you know on the CT90K1.
Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I have two 4.02 and one 5.11. Currently I am running one of the 4.02. Your T-19 dose make a nice spair. Over all I am pretty happy with running the T-19. Wondering how the T-19 would do behind a nice 300 inline6.
Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Hi Scott,
Hope your doing well. Thank you for the welcome. Both of them. Lol
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by bullnose1985
I actually can't delete user ID's.  So just pick the one you want to use and go for it.

As for transmissions, I don't believe you'll find a T-19 for the small-block pattern.  I think it only came on 460's and the diesels.  Instead, the T-18 and NP-435 were used for the smaller engines.

But ZF5's did come in all three bolt patterns - small-block, 460, and diesel.  However, like the T-19, there were two gear sets - wide ratio for the gassers and narrow for the diesel.  And the small-block pattern had an internal slave cylinder inside the bell housing, but the 460 and diesel had an external slave.

In other words, you have to figure out which engine you want, or at least which bolt pattern, so you can get the tranny for it.

And keep me in mind on the CT90K1.

Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
Hi Gary,
Oh I am sorry to hear that I bought a small block hydraulic bellhousing with the intent of bolting the T-19 to the 300. So to wrap my head around this. The small block bellhousing won't bolt to the T-19? It took a bit of machine time but I got a jeep 258 bellhousing to work with a SM465 truck transmission.
That really is to bad. It would have been a good match with the all around gearing too. Oh well.

I just started to read your write up on putting the ZF in your dad's truck. Very interesting and a great write up! Your drawings are great!

I was digging thru my 300 stuff to day and think i have a forged 300 crank. So a bit of good news.

Yes sir I will let you know on the CT90K1

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, actually, I forgot that the T-19 has a removable bell housing.  So you may well be able to bolt a T-19 to a small-block bell housing.  

Of course, that assumes that the input shaft is the same, and I don't have a clue about that.  (I do know that the ZF5's input shaft is different between the small block and 460 or diesel.)

So, keep the faith!  I think it might just work.

As for the ZF5 in Dad's truck, that work paid off for many people as Tim Meyer now makes the adapters commercially from my drawings.  So a whole bunch of M-Block owners can enjoy the low first gear and over-drive top gear of the ZF5.

A forged 300 crank?  That's cool!  Perhaps you can put it to good use.  Build up an awesome six and show us how it is done.  

Reply | Threaded
|

bullnose1985
Shall do my friend