Hey guys!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hey guys!

Ifitaintbroke
I've been using the documentation and reading the forum for about three years now and finally decided to join. First of all, a huge thank you to Gary and everyone else who helped put the documentation together. I could not have gotten anywhere near where I am now on this truck without it. And now to the truck.

1986 f250, 460, 4x4, zf5 swap in progress, desmogged. I've been building this truck for about three years now. It started out as "just get the stupid thing running" and has kind of turned into "how much money can I possibly spend on this". Pulling the motor this week for some "modifications" if you know what I mean.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hey guys!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Your truck sounds a lot like Big Blue.  I think you'll the 460/ZF5 combo.  I really do.  But what mod's are you thinking of?

Also, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome!  

There's no replacement for displacement.  😉
Who's crank are you going with?
Which piston/rod/compression ratio?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Ifitaintbroke wrote
I've been building this truck for about three years now. It started out as "just get the stupid thing running" and has kind of turned into "how much money can I possibly spend on this". Pulling the motor this week for some "modifications" if you know what I mean.
Wecome to our Bullnose Family! Laughed when I read this.... ""how much money can I possibly spend on this""! You, my friend, are one of many here! Mine started out much the same way then morphed into a trophy truck! It's parked in the shop now, not driven in the rain, and no longer used for moving other peoples stuff.  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Well, I'm holding off on most of the details till I'm completely sure what I'm doing, but let's just say a lot cast iron is fixin to be aluminum. To answer Machspeed, I'm going with a full rotating assembly from Scat. 9000 series cast steel crank, I-beam rods, 0.040 over Mahle 39cc dish pistons. Compression should be around 8.8. Target cube size will be 547. Got the motor pulled just a bit ago and it's sitting in the garage. Debating what induction setup I want. Going back and forth between single and dual quad. If I get really crazy there's also some Weber eight stacks out there too...
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.