classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help On The Show Planning

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I’m glad you posted this as it reminded me that I’ve not updated it with my findings. Miss Ellie, the secretary to the general manager at Bill Knight Ford, called back and said they would be interested. However, they can’t because Skiatook is not in their Dealer Management Area. So I needed to find out which dealer “owns” Skiatook. (Given that, I guess I don’t need the parts manager’s name.)

So, I turned to Google Maps and discovered that we are exactly 20 miles from two different dealers - Joe Cooper and Bob Hurley. I called Cooper first and the receptionist sorta listened, misunderstood what I was asking, but finally said she would have someone call me. And, here we are 5 days later and no call, so I was right when I told her “That’s ok, I’ll call the other dealership.”  In spite of her insistence that “Someone will call you.”

At Hurley I drew Paul Thomas, who said he will ask the regional rep on October 3rd when he talks with her to see what DMA we are in. So, I should call back after the third. But, I didn’t really get what I was looking for, like an offer of advertising or several trucks, as he said I can come down and check out a truck for the show. That’s no help as I have a 2015 that is almost indistinguishable from a ‘17, and the 2018’s aren’t much different. (Basically like trying to tell the difference between an ‘85 and an ‘86.)

So, I really didn’t accomplish much. 😩
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI