classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello yall! New member to forum

MrRy
Afternoon folks.
   I happen to be the proud owner of a 1980, f250 Xlt ranger, 4x4, 351m 4Spd, regular cab.

My names Ryan, 37,from south Alabama, via the states of, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma. More on that a different time perhaps.
  I currently work in a steel mill, with the specialized skill set's involving massive bearings, housings and assemblies. Some would call me a millwright,  overhead crane operator, or even  a technician lol.
   Anyway,  the truck was purchased by my grandfather brand new from the dealership.
He passed away prior to my coming into existence.
  Grandma kept the truck in the "barn" and seldom drove it. I have some extremely fond, and not so fond childhood memories playing on in and around the truck with my oldest brother, including getting fussed at by my Dad because of it. LOL.
FAST FORWARD from the late 80's/early 90's to grandmother's passing in 2007/2008ish when my eldest brother purchased the truck from the family estate!
 He removed the pap cap topper from it, purchased 16" wheels and tires,  removed smog pump as well as general maintenance. Enjoying and using the truck for truck type purposes. Ultimately  parking it for a year or so due to a failed fuel pump.

Fast forward again to November 2017.
(Don't cry, don't cry...)
Tragedy strikes.  My brother,  best friend, Confidant, partner in mischief.
 Dies in a motorcycle accident.
And I inherit this glorious pickup.

Prior to this, I've never really been a "ford guy" but, now...
     There isn't a single dollar amount short of absolutely completely ABSURD that would ever conceivably get me to sell this pickup truck.
    Sooo I've got a WHOLE lot more learning to do with all systems involved.
    Any and all insights, comments are welcomed.  I shall reply as I'm able to!

Ryan
A very special  1980 f250 xlt ranger 4x4 t19(?)4sp
351m. 59xxx miles. Previously owned by Grandpa, and my older Brother.
"Big Red" ill keep him going until I see yall again in heaven.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello yall! New member to forum

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
In reply to this post by MrRy
Cool story, even with the sad part.  Good luck on your truck.  Theses guys have been invaluable to me in the 3 weeks I've owned my 81.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that is a cool story, Ryan!  Even though it has sadness in it.  But it is great that you are dedicated to the truck.  A real tribute to your grandfather.

So, where in KS were you?  I'm from Ark City, right on the line south of Wichita.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

81f100custom
My names Ryan, 37,from south Alabama, via the states of, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma. More on that a different time perhaps.
  I currently work in a steel mill, with the specialized skill set's involving massive bearings, housings and assemblies. Some would call me a millwright,  overhead crane operator, or even  a technician lol.

So you live in south Alabama now?  I also live in south Alabama and work at a steel mill..
Eddie,
81 F100 Custom SWB, 5.0L, 4x2, Single Rail Four-Speed Overdrive, 3.00 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle, Non A/C truck to complete 85 F150 factory A/C conversion, Nutmeg interior color.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Ryan, enjoyed the entro, the story on the truck, and what it means to you. So sorry in the loss of your brother. Glad that you're here with us.....lots of good people here willing to help out in the resto of your truck. I'm certain you'll find a liking to the forum.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner