classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
209 messages Options
1 ... 7891011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello new users!

spectrum7311
Hi everyone! New bullnose owner. My brother in law got tired of paying someone to work on his truck so he passed it on to his more mechanically minded and better looking sibling. She’s a 1980 frankentruck, an f150 pieced together from 3 different vehicles. Was an inline 6, now she’s a 351. Was an automatic, now she’s got a t18. Been doin lots of work to her and enjoying ripping around town. Got lots of questions and look forward to bothering yall with them :)
1980 F150, 351, T18
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  You've come to the right place.  Glad you joined.  

Show us some pics of the truck?  (See Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's for how to post pics.)

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by spectrum7311
Welcome!  

We'll be glad to offer answers.
This is the #1 place for documentation of these trucks.

I hope you have fun with your newfound franken-truck!
(does she have a name yet?)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
welcome. which 351 do you have?
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

bloodceltic
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I am a happy owner of a 1980 Ford Bronco. I send you greetings from Patagonia Argentina.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

An 80 Bronco is a cool vehicle.  Is it from the US or was it made elsewhere?

And, we have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.  Would you like to be on it?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

bloodceltic
Gary Lewis wrote
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

An 80 Bronco is a cool vehicle.  Is it from the US or was it made elsewhere?
I understand that my Bronco was manufactured in Michigan US
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by bloodceltic
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Wow! Argentina is far from here (Quebec, Canada), and its Patagonia region even more!

Bullnoses enthusiasts are everywhere!

Welcome!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Daniel!  

What are your summers like, there at the end of the continent?

Most of us here only get a picture of Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego from an exotic travel brochure.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

bloodceltic
I live in the northern part of Patagonia, the summers are very pleasant. The climate in this part allows you to enjoy nature all year round, respecting the different characteristics that each season has.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This sounds like a stunningly beautiful place to live.
I am glad you chose to join our little group.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

bloodceltic
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
<quote author="BigBrother-84">
Wow! Argentina is far from here (Quebec, Canada), and its Patagonia region even more!

Bullnoses enthusiasts are everywhere!

Welcome!

Thank you! It is my second Ford Bronco, it is a very noble vehicle, despite its age.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That sounds really nice.  Post some pics?

Reply | Threaded
|

Dougs 1984 Bull
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Hi, new member here. Looking for some help. I had to replace my transmission with an np 435. I can’t seem to get it to slide all the way in. It lacks about 3/8 to 1//2 inch from sliding into place. I’ve tried it 8 different times now and I don’t want to force it. I had a RTS AJ transmission that no parts were available for it. Supposedly the NP should fit. I rebuilt the NP, put new input shaft on it. Also, put in new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. The alignment tool fits all the way in and I’ve measured the input shaft. It looks like everything should fit. I can start the bolts on the transmission to the bell housing, but I don’t know if I should force it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Doug!  

Where are you from? (just a city or zip code)

I would have said the transmission input is not entering the crankshaft pilot bush, but you say that the dummy shaft (alignment tool) slips all the way in, and it would be obvious if the gearbox shaft had a bigger pilot than the tool. 💡

I'm not super familiar with the NP gearboxes, so I'm going to suggest that you create a new topic on the main page, where more people will see it than in this obscure corner of the New Members section.

Once again, thanks for becoming a member of our little community!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
the amount of distance that you are struggling with seems very similar to the dimension of the opening in the bell housing and the alignment shoulder of the transmission which centers the two. slip them back apart and measure them. just as a surety of fit. once sure then add a thin film of bearing grease to the shoulder of the transmission only before re setting it. but be sure of each of the other depth measurements also.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Could it be a locating dowel (sleeve)?
 Jim,
1 ... 7891011