classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from northern AZ

oneamuck
Howdy, all.
I've been browsing the site for a few years now, getting info for various work on the truck, and realized this morning that I'd really hate to see this site go away, especially as I have three separate tabs open to this site alone. So now I'm registered and wanted to say hello.

I picked up an '86 F150 XLT a few years ago for trails, dump runs, Home Depot runs, etc... Super Cab to include kids and dogs. Affectionately called Big Blue (sorry, Gary). It's a great truck despite the tired 302 and will probably outlive me.

I've stored the old 15s on a shelf to put on some black Methods and 31s and I'd like to black out all of the chrome and silver eventually. Now I'm sprucing up the interior a bit, mainly because I let the sun and weather do dirty work on the old plastic while trying to replace the flooring.

For the admins: I came across the thread discussing new forum software; I would absolutely donate toward that project financially.

Anyway, this is probably the most I'll post unless I'm stuck on a project and can't find the information already in the docs or the forum.

Thanks, everyone. I am really glad you guys are here.

~Max

1986 F150 XLT 4x4, another "Big Blue"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from northern AZ

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Max!  

Gary will be by after church to ask if you'd like to b on our members map.
(Just a zip code or town. We're not looking to doxx anyone.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I'm home after church and the luncheon that followed.  And I ate too much.  

Anyway, glad you joined.    And Jim is right about the map, we can put you on with a city or zip.  I'm curious to see where you are as I've been on Lake Powell several times, so know something about Page and that area.

As for support, we may take you up on that.  Heretofore I've paid all the fees, which don't amount to a lot.  But if we go to another forum platform then there will be a cost and it will probably be time for me to ask for help for the whole thing.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
In reply to this post by oneamuck
Welcome Max!

We have something in common, I too have a "Big Blue", I've been calling mine "Big Blue 2WD" as Gary's is a 4x4. If I keep seeing more Big Blue's I'm gonna have to rename mine
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project
Reply | Threaded
|

oneamuck
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, I sent you a message (maybe several) about map locations but cannot tell if it went through. Can you confirm?
Reply | Threaded
|

oneamuck
In reply to this post by viven44
viven44 wrote
Welcome Max!

We have something in common, I too have a "Big Blue", I've been calling mine "Big Blue 2WD" as Gary's is a 4x4. If I keep seeing more Big Blue's I'm gonna have to rename mine
Or.... we just start the Big Blue Bullnose club.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, it hasn't come through.  That part of this platform doesn't work.  But you can just email me at janeyandgary@gmail.com.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
We may have to
Vivek

- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Maybe we need to number them?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Max, you are now on the map.

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
OK i'm number 2
Vivek

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona