Hello from Upstate SC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello from Upstate SC

jchalo99
It was the wrong harmonic balancer. Got the new one installed buttoned everything up.

Still couldn't get it to run till I set my timing around 60deg.... than my buddy 800 miles away suggested when I rewired the truck I must have swapped the wires on the distributer.
Swapped two wires, and got it running with 10deg btdc. Mechanically it advances to 30deg.
With vacuum it only gets up to 32deg.

It idles great, but when starting it sometimes gets stuck at 300rpm, until I hit the throttle. It runs fine until I hammer down from cruise to wide open. I can idle and cruise all day, I can even ease into WOT but I can't slam it.
1984 F250 Supercab - Dealer dually conversion.
460 W/ a ?t19? Manual Transmission.
Edelbrock 1406 Carb
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7S417hgUxQYz5A4B7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello from Upstate SC

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Congrats!  That's significant progress.

On your problem accelerating and when starting, I think you have a carburetion problem.  Both with the accelerator pump and with the idle stop.  But you will get it sorted, I'm sure.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI