classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from Colorado

Maurice
Hi,

I acquired an '86 Bronco last year and have been slowly going through it to make it road worthy. Right now it needs new tires:

but otherwise mechanically ok. Fixed a few leaks and replaced fluids and ignition stuff (spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap).

At any rate, I'll post up more as I make progress, the plan is for refreshing paint, cleaning up the interior and making it reliable. Only 45k miles on the ODO, which seems realistic the drivetrain looks barely broken in.

Cheers,

Maurice
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Colorado

kramttocs
Administrator
Welcome!

What a coincidence - some people call me Maurice *

That's a good looking Bronco. Nice patina and no rust.
Looking forward to seeing updates on it.

*Sorry, I am sure you've heard that one enough times in your life.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Maurice
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

What part of CO?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can put you on with a city or zip.

Nice Bronco!  You should start a thread in the main section to tell us all about it and what you do to it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Maurice
Lol! Thanks

I'm dividing my time between Co. Springs and Ft. Garland, but I would drop the pin in Ft. Garland, 81133.

Sure, I'll start a thread. Hoping to make some progress soon.

Thanks again!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.

Interesting country there.  Been around it and through it quite a bit on our way to/from other places in Colorado.  And we rode the Chama/Antonito train - as well as the Durango/Silverton one several times.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Maurice
Great place to keep old vehicles. If you can stomach snowy and cold winters, and careful planning for grocery runs.

I found a piece of a 1929 Chevy, a cylinder head, on my property somewhere in the back, how it got there...

Stop by next time, be happy to share a cold one!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Maurice
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

taskswap
Oh wow a fellow local and some overlap. We live north of Denver, but have land in Ft Garland so we're down that way a lot. I'm headed down to Florence tomorrow actually to look at a camper to pair with Rocky, our F-250 project. Nice to see you here.
--
1981 F-250 Custom. 6.6L V8, 4 barrel Holley carb, ARA aftermarket A/C.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maurice
Oh nice. I've got some tools and a garage in Ft Garland if you ever have the need.

Cheers