Hello from Arkansas

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from Arkansas

Mark
Hello everyone, new to the forum, I'll be more of a reader than a poster. My name is Mark and I'm from Nashville, Arkansas 71852. I just bought an 84 f150 short bed with an inline 6 and an AOD . it's got tons of work to be done. I've owned a few Ford's, not one of this particular generation. I've been building a wj jeep for the past several years, and really just have grown bored with it and wanted a new project. Looking forward to building this truck, will be a long process. Hope to learn as I go from any help you all might have to offer.
1984, f150 short bed straight six AOD.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Mark!  Glad you joined.  

Post up some pics of your truck?

Nashville, huh?  First, would you like to be on our map?  You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.

Second, that isn't you in this thread?  See the discussion re Thompson Lane and Nolansville Pike.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
In reply to this post by Mark

Also here's what I'm working with.
Brittle rats nest wiring -
Extremely rusted bed floor-
Interior completely roached-
Bad cab floors-
And a feedback carb with TFI ignition, that thus far I'm not a fan of-

All in all a money pit that my wife is proud to have in the Yard 😅
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Oh no not me, I'm from the Nashville that's in Arkansas (southwest corner of the state) as opposed to the Nashville that's in Tennessee. Sure add me to the map.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh! Arkansas!  You said that, but I wasn't reading.  

Anyway, you are now on the map.

As for the truck, I like the color scheme.  But I don't like the TFI nor the feedback carb.  The TFI mounted on the dizzy is failure prone, and the feedback system is a pain to maintain - but it can be done.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Mark
Yes the colors seem reversed as to what I normally see. Generally I've seen the blue over white. Not normally the white over blue. If I m reading the color code correct it came from the factory all blue, so possibly it was painted later in it's life.

I definitely have an idea for the ignition and the carb, I hadn't went to ordering parts just yet, but I'm not far from it.

First order of business is going through the vast majority of the wiring, it's in horrible condition. Also likely my least favorite thing to deal with.