Hello all!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello all!

TrevD
Hello everyone! I've been browsing and searching for all of my electrical questions but coming up short, so I figured I'd make my presence known and ask for help HAHA

But first I wanted to say hello!! My name is Trevor and I live in central Kansas.

I have 2 of these trucks so far (I'll update my signature and get all official soon)

Blue and silver - 1984 F150 ext cab long bed, 351 4x4 4spd O/D, M/T

Silver - 1982 F150 ext cab long bed, 300 2x4 4spd SROD M/T, (and I think 2.75 rear gears)

I saved the silver truck form rotting away as a Packrat condo... its still pretty gross but it started right up after sitting at least 10 years. wondering how good of gas mileage it will get when its back to road worthy. Might me my new daily driver!!

The blue and silver truck was totaled in the 90's and my dad bought it to rebuild (body man). He daily drove it for years. After he passed away, I sold it to a friend because it had sat for many years and "I had too many vehicles". Turns out there is no such thing HAHA!! Anyways, things went astray in the friends life and I ended up getting the truck back in pieces. Along with a bed full of spare parts from at least 2 other unknown parts trucks. The wiring is causing me to get more grey hairs!!
Ill try to round up a few questions at a time for each post going forward.

And... Thank you in advance!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined!  

But tell me more about this "central Kansas" thing.  Having been born and raised in Ark City, having worked in Newton and lived in Wichita I think I know something about "central Kansas".

And you are right, I don't think there is such a thing as "too many trucks".  Especially if some come with parts - as my Big Blue did.

Again, welcome!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

TrevD
Ah yes!!! Born and raised outside of Salina, graduated high school in Hope. Currently live between Solomon and Abilene and my farm/shop is the ol' family homestead outside of Salina.

I have 7 trucks Currently, almost all Fords... 1928, 29, 70, 82, 84 and 2005.
And I daily a 07 GMC for some reason 🤣
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Would you like to be on our map?  Just give me a zip.

As for Salina, I know the country fairly well.  Spent a couple of years about 60 miles east on I-70.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by TrevD
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

TrevD
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
About 18 miles east of salina!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are on the map.