Hello all

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello all

BastiF250
Hello everyone, I'm Sebastian, I'm 34 years old and I come from a small village in Germany.  Two months ago I finally fulfilled my dream of a real US full-size truck.  I bought a 1986 F250 XLT Lariat ExtraCab 5.8L with around 56000 miles on it.  For me, this series is simply the most beautiful!  Before that I drove a Ranger DoubleCab.  It was cool, but too small and weak.  I am very happy to have found this forum and look forward to many great posts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Sebastian!  Glad you joined.  

What part of Germany?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can put you on with just a city/village.

Also, we have a sticker that many of us put on our rear window that tells about the forum.  Thomas, whom you can reach by sending an email through the forum, has several of the stickers there in Germany and said he would pass them out.  To email him click this link and follow the instructions.  HOWEVER, our email system is messed up and usually appears that it didn't send the message - but usually does.  So I tick the box that says "Send a copy of this message to me" so I know it went.

Or, if you are close to Thomas (Silver Stallion) you might meet up with him.  You can see his location on the map as well.

Nice truck!  It looks very clean and straight.  Hopefully it drives well.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by BastiF250
Welcome Sebastian!  

Glad you've come to join us.
Very nice looking truck.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
Hello everyone and thanks for the great words!  I come from 54429 Mandern, which is in western Germany near the oldest city in Germany, Trier.  That's right, this vehicle was a real find of gold!  He's in really good shape.  Of course, there are a few things to do here and there.  It has a few leaks and the power steering pump probably needs to be replaced.  Nevertheless, I am enthusiastic about the truck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  

I don't think I've been to your village, although I have driven from Frankfurt to Luxembourg, so have been fairly close.

And I see that you are fairly close to Kaiserslautern.  Was the truck brought over by an American serviceman?

You should start a thread in the main section to chronicle what you do to the truck.  You can keep track and we can follow along.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
Oh thanks!

yes, you weren't far from me and practically passed my front door☺️Exactly, Kaiserslautern is 45 minutes away, Baumholder 30 minutes and Spangdalem also 45 minutes.

I bought the truck from a private seller and they got it from an importer from East Germany in 2017.  

I just wanted to get a K30 from MorlockMotors first, but then I decided against a diesel.  

I will post all restoration work here.
Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
I'm still looking for someone who might be able to import parts for me via the airbase.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
BastiF250 wrote
I'm still looking for someone who might be able to import parts for me via the airbase.
I wonder if those of you in that part of Europe could work together to import things?  Or find someone on a base that will do it for you?

You could start a thread about it to get others involved.

One approach would be to start a thread in the main section entitled something like "Band Together To Import Parts?"  And before you post go to the bottom and under Assignment make it Assigned.  Then next to Assign use the drop-down to assign it to someone, like I have with Thomas/Silver stallion.

Then when you post they'll get an email telling them they have something they should look at and a link to your post.  Perhaps you in Europe could get a group up that could help with shipping?

Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thanks☺️
Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Until now I have imported the parts from RockAuto.com or LMCTruck.com.
The selection is great, but unfortunately the price doubles due to import fees and taxes!  
Hence the idea of ​​getting the parts from one of the airbases here.  

I'll open a thread about it later.  Maybe it will work.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Welcome Sebastian! Wow, that's low mileage on that truck....great find! I'd love to see more pictures of it but in an enlarged format....LOL! Look in our Forum FAQ's to post pictures. Bullnose Forum......>Forum FAQ's. Good to have you here with us!  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Greetings Sebastien! Nice truck you have there. I'm a big fan of the 5.8!

If you ever wanted a Kilometer per hour speedometer, let us know. They are fairly easy to find here in Canada, and very easy to change out in the Bullnose trucks.

Those of us that are outside of the USA are always scheming and trying to find ways to get parts cheaply out of the USA. Shipping has always been very expensive, and now with Covid things have gotten even worse. Shipping within the USA is very efficient and inexpensive...but once you try to move it out of the country, costs shoot up fast! Taxes are...well, taxes...they aren't going anywhere unfortunately.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Hello all -Sticker

Thomas/Silver stallion
Good Morning,

wellcome. We should think about a bullnose meeting here in Europe… 😉🤠

If you like to get one of the bullnose sticker for your truck just send a email to Thomas.wichtmann@gmx.de with your private address.

Best regards
Thomas
1986 Ford F150 4x4 XLT Lariat 5.0 Electronic Fuel Injection Long Bed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all -Sticker

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks for doing that, Thomas.

As for a meeting, that's a wonderful idea!

Reply | Threaded
|

BastiF250
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Hello Rembrant,
I really wanted a 5.8.  For me it is one of the best and most durable engines.  Thomas has already contacted me and put the sticker in the mail.  As soon as I have it on the truck I will let you know😎
My truck already has a speedometer in km/h and miles/h.  Thank you anyway!
Reply | Threaded
|

Wagoneermaster
Welcome! I live in the Netherlands and also I run into the price doubler (or even more!) when shipping parts from the US to the Netherlands. Combining shipping could be very beneficial
Jeep Grand Wagoneer AMC 5.9L (LPG injection, DIS ignition fully electronic EFI DIY design & build)
1982 F250 4x4 351W super cab, long bed