Heater control panel

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Heater control panel

Waine5550

Does the panel have 2 cables? Mine only had the top hooked up and I can't find one for the bottom. The bottom lever doesn't have any fuction.
Waine
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Heater control panel

Pete Whitstone
I don't know if it varies by year, or maybe options (AC vs not, etc.). But my 81 has only one cable, and come to think of it, I swapped in a later control panel and it only had one cable as well. Mine is a factory AC truck.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by Waine5550
study this a little further. i believe that your truck is an 85 i f i remember correctly. the lever for the temp will use a cable to operate the door from heater core to evaporator and back but the multi function control on the bottom uses a third arm of the lever to operate the vacuum switch to select which motor/servo is needed to change from defrost, floor, vent etc. therefore the cable end is rendered obsolete.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I’m on a cruise ship at the moment trying to outrun Fiona so don’t have the time to research it, but I tend to remember that it varies by whether you have heat only or A/C. You can figure that out here: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/hvac-systems.html
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
just keep swimming!