Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
197 messages Options
1234567 ... 10
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Merry Christmas y'Hal.

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Id really like to hack an older Nest thermostat....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Id really like to hack an older Nest thermostat....
LOL!
Didn't know some had this funny (and quite scarry) idea.

«Hello, Dave. I control your thermostat.  Google's Nest gets hacked.»

Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Venture Beat wrote
Buentello said, “We are giving up our privacy to this device, and we don’t know anything about it.”
Aw, $#!+ here we go again...  🙄

This was a decade ago.
Sounds exactly like the Feb quote about Copilot.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting article: Researchers Successfully ‘Jailbreak’ AI Chatbots Using Their Kind

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nothing unexpected here.
You instruct the Chatbot to act as a psycho/socia path you're going to break its prime directive.

No one 'needs' another "AI" to do this. (easily proven by what happened with Bing chat in February
and MANY other LLM's in the past)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/29/24019288/microsoft-copilot-app-available-iphone-ipad-ai
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
This post was updated on .
ArdWrknTrk wrote
https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/29/24019288areare/microsoft-copilot-app-available-iphone-ipad-ai
Disappointing.

Q1- What's the is best information source for a Bullnose owner.
A- It points automatically to a Youtube channel.  I suppose a chatbot concludes that mechanic amateurs don't read and prefer to watch videos.
Maybe I should not have asked for one best source.
What are the best sources should be a better formula...

Q2- What is the biggest architects office of High Laurentian.
A- Don't know (!), arguing that there is no classification for architects offices.  It suggests some architects names (all solo professionals with no team ).  It does not make any search for architects web sites to compare their teams...
I had to suggest it a name and it automatically found the web site and described how many people work there, their title and specialty, etc.  So, the information is available, but it just doesn't know how to search.

After it described the team and total of people, it asked me why I am searching this info, do I have specific architect service needs.
I answered that I knew the answer and just wanted to test its capability.
It said that I am not fair play!

To find some web sites, compare the teams, the contents... It does not seem all that complicated, no?  Something that each of us does on a regular basis.

I suppose a chatbot is not a "super" web search engine, but something else.

Or maybe we will have to learn how to formulate our questions, differently for a chatbot than for a human.
Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - What I'm reading in the news says that Microsoft's implementation of AI is going to be its "iPhone Moment".  Some analysts are predicting a significant jump in Microsoft's stock price.

Jeff - I'm learning that phrasing the question in different ways can lead to very different results.  In fact, longer and very specific questions tend to get better results.  And there is a selection up top on how precise you want the answer, and that makes a big difference as well.

I just posed this question and got decent results: How do forums differ from social media platforms as it relates to providing support and documentation for Bullnose Ford trucks?

Forums and social media platforms both serve as platforms for discussion and information sharing. However, they differ in several ways, especially when it comes to providing support and documentation for specific topics like Bullnose Ford trucks:

- Depth of Discussion: Forums like the Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum or the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Bullnose section often have more in-depth discussions. Users can create threads on specific topics, and these threads can be easily searched and referenced in the future. This is particularly useful for technical discussions and troubleshooting.

- Organization of Information: Forums are typically more structured, with different sections for different topics. This makes it easier for users to find relevant information. On the other hand, information on social media platforms can be more scattered and harder to locate.

- Community: Forums often foster a sense of community among users with shared interests. Users can become recognized experts within the community based on their contributions. Social media platforms also foster community, but the interactions can be more casual and less focused on a specific topic.

- Documentation: Forums like garysgaragemahal, also known as the Bullnose Bible, often have sections dedicated to documentation, guides, and resources. This can be a valuable resource for Bullnose Ford truck owners looking for specific information. Social media platforms may not have this level of detailed documentation.

- Longevity of Content: Content on forums tends to be more permanent and searchable compared to social media platforms. A helpful post on a forum can be referenced years after it was made, while content on social media platforms can be harder to find after a certain period of time.
Please note that the actual user experience might vary depending on the specific forum or social media platform. It's recommended to explore both to see which one suits your needs better.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Interesting results Gary!

Finally, seems that a chatbot can make some "intelligent" comparison and analysis.

Gary Lewis wrote
Jeff - I'm learning that phrasing the question in different ways can lead to very different results.
Ah, ok, this is what they mean while talking about the famous AI deep learning.
The «learning duty» is on our side.

Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Jim - What I'm reading in the news says that Microsoft's implementation of AI is going to be its "iPhone Moment".  Some analysts are predicting a significant jump in Microsoft's stock price.
Like Jeff said "where's the intelligence?"

If you hold MS then I guess this 'news' is good for you.
Personally, I feel it is just more marketing "bovine excrement"
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know if I have any MS stock since I don't manage our portfolio.  But maybe.

As for where's the intelligence, I dunno.  I asked: Can you recommend any documentation on Bullnose Ford trucks?

Sure, I can recommend some documentation on Bullnose Ford trucks. Here are some web sources that may be helpful:

Gary’s Garagemahal: This site is a comprehensive resource for 1980 - 86 Ford trucks, also known as the Bullnose trucks. You can find information on the history, specifications, features, and modifications of these classic trucks.

Bullnose Garage: This site is a personal blog of a Bullnose Ford truck owner, who shares his experiences, tips, and plans for his 1985 F-150. You can learn about the specs, mods, and future projects of his Bullnose truck.

Bullnose Forum: This site is a forum for Bullnose enthusiasts, where you can browse topics, post messages, and share your stories and photos of your Bullnose trucks. You can also find brochures, manuals, and other documents related to the Bullnose trucks.

I hope these sources are useful for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. 😊

Note that the "Bullnose Garage" link comes back here and the "Bullnose Forum" link goes to bullnosegarage.com.  No, I didn't mix them up.

In fact, when you click "Learn more" at the bottom of the response you get 7 links, of which the 4 are to us, then 2 to Bullnose Garage, then 1 more to us.  So the links are all wonky.  "Where's the intelligence?"  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Like I said, no cognitive ability.
It's not intelligent, it's a chatbot pretending to be something more. (not that I blame it, I blame the marketing dept)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I downloaded the Copilot app for iOS to this iPhone and have played with it a bit. And it seems to provide different answers than the one on Windows. The latter didn’t give me usage stats on forums, but the iOS version gave me this info on FTE and our forum, and then provided this when I said “Ok, but which of the two is the most active?

That's another good question. It's not easy to measure the activity level of online forums, as different factors may affect the number and quality of posts, such as the size and diversity of the membership, the frequency and relevance of the topics, the moderation and administration of the forum, and the interest and engagement of the users.

However, based on the web search results, I can offer some estimates on how active the Bullnose Forum and the bullnose section of Ford Truck Enthusiasts are, as of today:

- [Bullnose Forum](^1^): According to the forum statistics, there are 4,430 topics and 64,555 posts in this forum, with an average of 14.57 posts per topic. The forum has 2,216 members, with an average of 29.12 posts per member. The most users ever online was 140 on 11-17-2023. The forum was created on 11-18-2014, which means it has been active for 9 years and 1 month. The forum has a high post-to-member ratio, which indicates a high level of participation and contribution from the members. The forum also has a high post-to-topic ratio, which indicates a high level of discussion and interaction among the topics. The forum has a moderate number of online users, which indicates a moderate level of popularity and visibility on the internet.

- [Bullnose section of Ford Truck Enthusiasts](^2^): According to the forum statistics, there are 44,491 topics and 483,760 posts in this section, with an average of 10.87 posts per topic. The section is part of a larger forum that has 1,759,558 members, but the number of members who participate in this section is unknown. The most users ever online was 3,139 on 12-04-2023. The section was created on 04-23-2009, which means it has been active for 14 years and 8 months. The section has a low post-to-member ratio, which indicates a low level of participation and contribution from the members. The section has a low post-to-topic ratio, which indicates a low level of discussion and interaction among the topics. The section has a high number of online users, which indicates a high level of popularity and visibility on the internet.

Based on these estimates, I would say that the Bullnose Forum is more active than the bullnose section of Ford Truck Enthusiasts, in terms of the quality and quantity of the posts and topics, as well as the engagement and involvement of the members. However, the bullnose section of Ford Truck Enthusiasts is more popular than the Bullnose Forum, in terms of the number and diversity of the online users and visitors, as well as the exposure and reach of the forum.

I hope this helps you compare and contrast the activity level of the Bullnose Forum and the bullnose section of Ford Truck Enthusiasts. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. I'm always happy to chat with you. 😊

Source: Conversation with Bing, 12/30/2023
(1) Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/.
(2) 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/.
(3) Bullnose ford truck group ( 80 to 86 F series ) - Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/486410801500897/.
(4) new to bullnose section - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1457446-new-to-bullnose-section.html.
(5) Bullnose Defintion - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1313356-bullnose-defintion.html.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And here's a comparison of results from the request to "compare and contrast the Bullnose Forum to the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum."

Note the widely varying numbers.  In this answer Windows says we have over 10,000 members, but in the previous answer it was 2,216 members - which is about right.  And now we have 200,000 posts vs 64,555.

Windows via Edge:

Sure, I can compare and contrast the Bullnose Forum and the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. Here are some similarities and differences between them:

- Both forums are online communities for Bullnose Ford truck enthusiasts, where they can discuss, share, and learn about the 1980 - 1986 Ford trucks¹².
- Both forums have sub-forums, topics, threads, and posts, where users can create and reply to messages, upload images, and use various features, such as likes, quotes, and polls.
- Both forums have moderators, administrators, and rules that users must follow to maintain the quality and order of the forums.

- The Bullnose Forum is a standalone forum that is exclusively dedicated to the Bullnose Ford trucks¹. It has more than 10,000 members and over 200,000 posts¹. It also has a gallery, a calendar, a chat room, and a marketplace, where users can view, join, chat, and buy or sell related items¹.
- The bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum is a sub-forum within a larger forum that covers various Ford trucks². It has more than 50,000 threads and over 600,000 posts². It is part of a network of sites that offer news, articles, reviews, and resources for Ford truck fans³.

I hope this helps you understand the similarities and differences between the Bullnose Forum and the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. 😊

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. 😊

(1) Bullnose? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1168325-bullnose.html.
(2) 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/.
(3) Older, Classic & Antique Trucks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum7/.
(4) Poll Bullnose(80-86) vs OBS (92-97) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1247395-poll-bullnose-80-86-vs-obs-92-97-a.html.
(5) undefined. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-bullnose.html.

And the result for the same question on iOS:

The Bullnose Forum and the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum are both online communities for enthusiasts of 1980-1986 Ford pickups and Broncos. Here are some similarities and differences between them:

- **Similarities**:
    * Both forums have sub-forums for topics such as projects, resources, marketplace, events, etc.
    * Both forums have active members who share their experiences, questions, tips, and photos of their trucks.
    * Both forums have moderators and administrators who oversee the forum rules and activities.

- **Differences**:
    * The Bullnose Forum is a standalone website that is dedicated to the 1980-1986 Ford trucks, while the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum is a part of a larger website that covers all Ford trucks from different eras.
    * The Bullnose Forum has a more modern and user-friendly interface, while the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum has a more classic and simple design.
    * The Bullnose Forum has more topics and posts than the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum, indicating a higher level of activity and engagement. For example, as of December 30, 2023, the Bullnose Forum had 4430 topics and 103,798 posts¹, while the bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum had 2225 topics and 25,414 posts⁴.

I hope this helps you understand the similarities and differences between the two forums. If you are interested in joining either of them, you can visit their websites by clicking on the links below:

- [Bullnose Forum](^1^)
- [Bullnose section of the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum](^4^)

(1) Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum. https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/.
(3) Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum. https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/.
(4) 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/.
(5) Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/.
(6) Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum - NEW MEMBERS START HERE. https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/NEW-MEMBERS-START-HERE-f135.html.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
These results seem much more intellagable but don't appear error free.

I think you're going a great job training Bing to serve up your forum!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The plan was just to test Copilot on something I knew the answers to, although if I'm teaching it to answer with "Bullnose Forum" then that's fine as well.  

But I'm blown away with getting such different answers from two different instances of Copilot.  I would have expected to get the same answer, or at least one very close to the same.  But 5 times as many members and 3 times as many posts seems a bit less than precise.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Did you really start the forum in 2014?
If so, then I learned something too!  

"More modern and user friendly interface".
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking at my info I find that I registered on here on Aug 04, 2017.  So no, it wasn't 2014.

At this point I don't trust any number I get from Copilot.  I've seen several dates for when I got Big Blue, none of which were right.  I've even seen what I paid for him, which wasn't even close.  And I've read that I've published several books on Bullnose trucks.  

But I will say that the iOS version appears to be closer to the truth.  So, how can two different instances give such different results?  

1234567 ... 10