classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Happy Wife - Happy Life - Need to sell

spike_time
Hey there,

It appears I need to sell my 1986 F-350 460 SRW 4x4.

I looking for advice on where, how, what people are looking for etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tim
Tim
Big Blue: '86 F-350 XLT Lariat 7.5L 460 4x4
Dutch: 2012 Jeep JKU Sarah'con 3.5" Lift Upgraded Axles with E-Lockers
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Happy Wife - Happy Life - Need to sell

kramttocs
Administrator
Hey Tim - understand but sad to hear it and even sadder that you are so far away  That is the truck I looked a long time for a couple years ago.

My first thoughts would be FB Marketplace and CList but there's also the online auctions (Ebay, BaT).
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by spike_time
That is sad!  So sorry.  I'm with Scott on where to advertise.  However, there are a dozen FB pages for these trucks and you might advertise there as well.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by spike_time
I'm basically building the same truck you are selling, so there is definitely desire. There seems to be far less F350 4x4's than F250 4x4's, so they are a little more desirable, although there really isn't much difference between an F250 HD 4x4 and an F350 4x4 aside from spring rates and the straight axle (F350) after 1985.

Prices seem to be hovering between $10k to $20k for F350 4x4's with V8s. Diesels bring a decent amount more. Things like mileage and condition of the truck affect the price pretty heavily, so it's hard to narrow down an exact price. You really just have to look for similar trucks to yours that have sold recently, and base your price off of that. Bring a Trailer is great for seeing what clean trucks are selling for, although prices there tend to trend at maximum due to the bidding wars.