classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HVAC - Air Conditioner Recirculating Air Duct - Diagram Item#19A813

GrayBronco987
Hello,

I am rebuilding my air conditioner duct assembly and would like to know how to repair, or where to find a replacement for, item #19A813.  The foam/insulation material is deteriorated in mine.  Please see the attached images from the illustrations found in the documentation/HVAC/illustrations section of the website.

HVAC - Recirculating assembly

I see in the diagram that this part is one component of assembly #19C590, but I have not been able to locate either of these items at my local junkyard, ebay, LMC, JBG, etc.

'86 Bronco XLT, 4x4, 351W, Carb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: HVAC - Air Conditioner Recirculating Air Duct - Diagram Item#19A813

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

You probably missed the request to introduce yourself in the New Members Start Here folder.  We won't hold that against you, but would appreciate you giving us some background about yourself in that folder.

As for the door you are asking about, is the hinge broken off of the door?  That hinge doesn't usually break.

So maybe you just need to replace the foam?  I used closed cell foam weatherstrip to cover the blend door on mine and it has worked well.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Will echo Gary. As long as the metal isn't rusted out on that one the best option is to use adhesive foam either in sheets or in strips.
Like you've found the foam on that one tends to just crumble when you touch it.

While in there, if you haven't already, consider doing the metal hinge upgrade on the plastic hinged door.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

GrayBronco987
In reply to this post by GrayBronco987
Hello,

I have a similar question for another HVAC related part.  I am rebuilding my air conditioner duct assembly and would like to know how to repair, or where to find a replacement for, item #19D966.  The foam/insulation material is deteriorated in mine.  Please see the attached images from the illustrations found in the documentation/HVAC/illustrations section of the website.  I see in the diagram that this part is one component of assembly #19D963, but I have not been able to locate either of these items at my local junkyard, Ebay, LMC, JBG, etc.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Can you add a photo of yours to see what we are working with?
Normally that foam seems to hold up better unless mice get to it. Being thicker and molded to fit it may take some brainstorming to come up with something that will work in place of it.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

GrayBronco987
Here are the pictures of HVAC part # 19D966:

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm going to let Scott/kramttocs reply to your post as he is more familiar with the HVAC system than I am.  But, I've moved this thread out of the NMSH folder into the main section as this is where it belongs and it will get more visibility here.

Also, how did you get the pictures to line up that way?  I think you lined them up on your screen and then took a screenshot and posted that?  Just curious.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

GrayBronco987
Thank you for moving the information to the correct location.  

As for the pictures, I was not sure how to upload multiple individual pictures to the forum without making multiple entries, so I tried it this way.  I am new to the forum, and will learn more as I go.  I copied/pasted the individual pics into a Word Document and then edited them so they would fit onto one page.  I did a screen shot, and then saved the screen shot as a picture.  

I have used this method when creating training presentations for work, and was curious how it would show up on the Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum.  I was hoping that the group-picture was large enough to provide the necessary detail, and would provide a quick one-shot view of multiple images.  My concern was whether the viewer was able to zoom-in enough to see them.

There are several steps, but once you learn them the process is fairly quick.  Let me know if you want me to send you the steps in an email to see if it is something you would use.  The juice may not be worth the squeeze.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I like that approach, which is why I asked how you did it. But they really aren't as big as I would like. However you can make them a bit bigger in a couple of ways. First, you could only have 3 pics/row.

Or, note that in your post the picture frame only takes up about 3/4 of the available space compared to the text. At least it does on my screen.

I just right-clicked the picture, copied the picture's URL, and inserted the image in my post. But, I added the text in red to force it to make the pic 100% wide. (I had to take the "<" off the front and the ">" off the rear of the text so you could see it.)

nabble_img src="HVAC_door_pics.png" border="0"width="100%"/

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
My blend door didn't need repair so I only had to deal with replacing the foam on 'flat' doors. I am not sure of a good solution to making new foam that has the same profile as this one.  Open cell spray foam applied and then cut to form, maybe?

Gary - did you say you had to repair this one?
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This may be a rabbit trail [slightly off topic], as it is not the part the original poster is looking for, but this information [mentioned some time back in another similar topic thread] may be helpful:

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/ford-80-86-pickup-truck-f150-f250-bronco-ac-heater-box-rebuild-seal-kit/?gclid=Cj0KCQjww4OMBhCUARIsAILndv4oP_9ulrPbrTJcmHioB4G8shZ2SfEEk5tsEIxl_ExHiW5TcCgoCZgaAncEEALw_wcB

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks David!

I forgot that JBG offered the door with new foam. Appears to slip on? Double sided tape inside perhaps? I don't see staples.

Note that they are calling that the 'blend' door instead of the 'panel' or commonly called 'vent' door.
Scott