Greetings!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings!

Howard5091
Hello my fellow Bullnose lovers!  My name is Brandon and I have a 1980 F150 XLT Ranger with 20,000 original miles on it.   It’s a 4x4 302 4 speed, short bed dual tank truck.  I’ve been around these trucks since I was a child and they grew to be a favorite of mine.   This particular truck was a barn find that I picked up in 2016 and have been working on ever since.   The guy who I purchased it from bought it brand new, lifted it (body and suspension), and put the biggest tires on it he could find (39”x16.50x15).  The end result was a truck that could not be driven by any ordinary means, (steering wheel was literally a suggestion box for where the truck should steer next, and the engine was powerless)  so he just parked it and let it sit in his garage.  I promptly dumped the body back onto the frame where it belonged and put new wheels and 35” tires on it.   He didn’t have the factory suspension parts so I had to keep it lifted.  I had a speciality allignment shop get it all lined up and made it nice to drive.  He had done some crazy paintwork to the headlamp buckets and put a billet grille on it which I didn’t like and changed all back to stock.  The worst part was the interior.  He literally had house carpet on the floor and ceiling, ugly bucket seats with a wooden console, and a wooden shelf at the top of the windshield to hit my head off of.  It took me a lot of work but you will see from the pictures how far it came.   Lastly, I built a nice mild 302 with GT40p heads, extreme energy 256 cam, edelbrock intake and carb and headman long tube headers.  

I’ll put up some before and after pics for everyone to see.  

I am really looking forward to being part of this great forum.  I stopped by here a few times during the work on my truck and I am thankful that it was here!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings!

Howard5091
This post was updated on .
Before pics

Reply | Threaded
|

Howard5091
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Howard5091
After Pics

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Would you like to be on our map?  You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

As for the truck, it looks great!  But you need to bone up on posting pics, which you can do on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  Here's one of your pics which is larger than the 1Mb limit, so I clicked the "Large" resizing button.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Howard5091
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks!  Sorry about the photos.  I reworked them so they should be a bit better.  It seems to be rotating some of them so I will have to work that out.  

I really appreciate the warm welcome and everyone's appreciation for these awesome old trucks.  

BTW: I’m in Pittsburgh PA
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Wow, nice truck!

And I LOVE the colors!
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Howard5091
Thank you!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI