Greetings from Western NC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings from Western NC

TechnoViking
Long time lurker of this invaluable 7th gen Ford truck knowledge base. Always loved Flaresides of this era and finally picked up an '82 F-150 4x2 with a 300 & C6 as my first real automotive project after lots of searching. It definitely needs lots of love and I've been using this site on a daily basis in my quest to get this truck properly road worthy. Thanks for having me!

- EJ

- EJ

1982 F-150 4x2 300ci C6 Flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings from Western NC

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, EJ!  Glad you joined.  

Nice truck!  (I'd say "cute truck" but I got in trouble saying that as someone seemed to think I was poking fun at the Flaresides.  Nope, they are just smaller than the one I'm used to, Big Blue.  But I won't say that any more.  )  What are your plans for it?

And where in NC?  I ask because we have a map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and we can add you with a city or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
In reply to this post by TechnoViking
Welcome to the forum!!

Lots of lurkers on this forum.. I was one too until recently I decided it was time to join the 'bullnose cult' !!
Vivek

- 'Big Blue 2WD' - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with the heart of a 1986 F250 Bullnose - under restoration
- "Bonded Bronco" -1985 Bronco - 302 4-speed fuel injected, Hibernating future project
Reply | Threaded
|

TechnoViking
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary, glad to be here. Cute is appropriate but F-100s still have me beat, haha. Just looking to make it into a budget toy project/classic car show cruiser/occasional light-duty hauler. For now going through crusty, neglected maintenance items and trying to keep the rust at bay. Got my eye on an Offy intake/Holley Sniper setup down the road.

You can pin me up in Brevard, NC.

Cheers,
EJ
- EJ

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  But what is a TechnoViking?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Welcome to the group. I have actually been to Brevard. My late Aunt and Uncle lived there, very pretty area.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
welcome. I've not been to Brevard specifically, but we visit the Maggie valley/ Waynesville area a couple times a year. currently living in Lexington.
Reply | Threaded
|

TechnoViking
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
2000s internet meme/legend: https://youtu.be/94s4zmA3itc
- EJ

Reply | Threaded
|

TechnoViking
In reply to this post by mat in tn
There's an annual Ford Truck/Bronco/Mustang show at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. Next one is scheduled for July 19 & 20. Looking forward to getting out there with the Flareside.
- EJ

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hadn't seen that, but I have now and understand - I think.  

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I will have to look that up. we have been there on bike weekends, Camaro weekends and vw weekends. we normally are there for antiques or craft shows in waynesville.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
TechnoViking wrote
There's an annual Ford Truck/Bronco/Mustang show at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. Next one is scheduled for July 19 & 20. Looking forward to getting out there with the Flareside.
I've spent some time in this area and absolutely love it. I'm jealous;). I've been to the Wheels Through Time Museum, which I seem to recall being in Maggie Valley? The day I arrived, somebody had just done a burnout in the building a little earlier and you could still smell the smoke.

I usually stayed in Robbinsville or Deals Gap when in the area. Beautiful, absolutely love it.

PS: Love the Flaresides too. I've had three Bullnose Flaresides and one '94 Flareside.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
A little late but welcome to the FOG (Flare side Owners Group)
You are only 4.5 to 5 hours from me as I am out by Raleigh LOL

I dont think I can make the show this year but maybe next so keep us posted so I can plan the trip.

I dont think your truck will be any worst then mine was.
When I got it home and started going over it and hour later I started pulling it apart for a 4 year cab off frame rebuild. When the wive came out to check on me after 3 hours and saw what I was doing was not too happy. Till I got paint on it did she then under stood why I did what I did.

Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100