Grateful New User

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grateful New User

sfetter
My son called me this morning after his new-to-him 86 F350 C6 dually cut off and went completely dark while he was on his way to work.  So, I was madly searching online for a wiring diagram for his truck and landed here.  I'm an old-school guy - I want actual diagrams, rather than having to pick through a bunch of nonsense Youtube stuff and/or forums that Google somehow thinks are related but aren't even close.  (Please DON'T get me started about Google....)

This is an absolutely terrific resource...in particular, that Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual is worth its weight in gold.  Not just the wiring diagram, but also the callouts that show where everything - and I mean everything - is.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and grateful for all the resources.  His truck is an ex-race car hauler from down in VA and has some oddities that we'll have to continue to sort out.<p>Our other qualifying piece is a 1980 F350 4x4 with a 400, 4 speed and a single wheel rear.  It was originally a plow truck on a farm - I bought it probably 20 years ago to plow a small airport that I used to run.  The airport has been closed & the land sold, so it's coming home to become part of the collection.

FWIW, we like old stuff...our son also has a newer F250 (90's, I don't remember exactly what) diesel 4x4, and a 91 Ranger.  The family collection includes a 47 ex-Grayhound bus, a 58 Dodge, a 61 Chrysler, and a 41 Massey-Harris farm tractor.

Happy Friday...60's here in southern MD right outside of DC.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grateful New User

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined!  

And glad you found the information that you needed.  Yes, the EVTM's are excellent.  The true wiring diagrams are hard to follow due to all of the wires you don't care about while tracing this or that circuit, but the EVTM leaves those out, making it sooooo much easier.

So, southern MD?  Would you like to be on our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu)?  We can add you with a city or zip.

As for the collection, that's quite a range.  Are either of the MOPARs an early Hemi?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grateful New User

grumpin
In reply to this post by sfetter
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona