Got my 3-D printer today

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Got my 3-D printer today

reamer
Ill try the "Gary Made .stl file for the speaker patch....

1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Got my 3-D printer today

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!!!  I’m curious to see how long it takes to print.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

81-F150-Explorer
That looks really cool.  What modern tech can do

Truck: 1981 F-150 Explorer / Engine: 300-6 California MCU Feedback System / Trans: T-18 - 4 speed / 2.75 Ford Rear Axle Open Diff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
which printer did you get?
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
In reply to this post by reamer
reamer wrote

I am still in the market for one.  Please name price if this works out.  Will be happy to purchase.
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

Rusty_S85
AmericanSavage wrote
reamer wrote

I am still in the market for one.  Please name price if this works out.  Will be happy to purchase.
Same here, I am however waiting to purchase a resin 3D printer, they print more sharply than the regular pla style printers that leave more visible print lines.  I really am waiting for them to come down in price as well as have larger print capacities as they are right now quite small.

I also have been in the market for a 3D scanner so I can scan items and put them into a program to slice them for printing.  Will make duplicating components a lot easier if I can scan the original and I am also real curious if I could use the scanner to scan a whole car so I can print a model since I am trying to build 1/24 or 1/25 scale models of my vehicles and not all of them are offered.  I also would love to get one now so I can 3D scan my engine on the engine stand so when I build my scale model truck I will already have a .stl file for my engine to 3D print and put under the hood of my truck.
"Old Blue" - '56 Fairlane Town Sedan - 292-4V, Ford-O-Matic transmission, 3.22:1
'63 Belair 2dr sdn - 283-4V, Powerglide transmission, 4.56:1
'78 Cougar XR7 - 351-2V, FMX transmission, 2.75:1 9inch
"Bruno" - '82 F150 Flareside - 302-2V, C6 transmission, 2.75:1 9inch, 31x10.50-15 BFG KO2
Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
Rusty_S85 wrote
AmericanSavage wrote
reamer wrote

Same here, I am however waiting to purchase a resin 3D printer, they print more sharply than the regular pla style printers that leave more visible print lines.  I really am waiting for them to come down in price as well as have larger print capacities as they are right now quite small.

I also have been in the market for a 3D scanner so I can scan items and put them into a program to slice them for printing.  Will make duplicating components a lot easier if I can scan the original and I am also real curious if I could use the scanner to scan a whole car so I can print a model since I am trying to build 1/24 or 1/25 scale models of my vehicles and not all of them are offered.  I also would love to get one now so I can 3D scan my engine on the engine stand so when I build my scale model truck I will already have a .stl file for my engine to 3D print and put under the hood of my truck.
This piece is the last thing I need for my dash restore project I am going to do in the future.  So, if anyone has something like this—highly interested here!
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)