1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Glovebox lockset [E1TZ-1006081-A] - NOS

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm not seeing that part number for anything but the Bronco II.  But it might fit others.

The deal is that Ford had a million packages of lock cylinders and keys.  Shown below are the ones specific to the F & U series vehicles.  But that part number out to the side doesn't tell you what is in the whole package, save for the cases where there is only one part, and that is rare.

So while the E1TZ 1006081-A PN is only found in the MPC for the B-II's, that doesn't mean it won't fit.  And I have no way of knowing that.

So here's a question to y'all - do we need the info below on a web page for "locks"?  And, if so, where?

It really shouldn't go in Interior or Exterior because it has both.  So I'm thinking Body.  Yes?

And, do I want to do as you see below and exclude the A, E, & B series vehicles?  Or, should I cut out the whole section from the MPC and put a pdf of it in?  That way if someone wanted to find the part number being discussed they could - w/o me.

Thoughts? 

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI