1 ... 1011121314
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks good, Ray.  

Are you still working?  Having to travel or from home?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Yup, working from home. Albeit, very little. I do sometimes go into the office, but no one is there and I am the only one allowed in during this virus.

So, I am hopeful I will get the walls complete, and the concrete poured by the end of May if I can schedule a concrete delivery with virus going on. Most of my help who will be floating it out will be 50-60 year old guys. So, hopefully social distancing wont delay that...Id hate to pour in the heat of july or august.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don't pour in July or August!  Been there, done that, and it didn't turn out well.

So hope you can get it done in May.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Ray Cecil wrote
Yup, working from home. Albeit, very little. I do sometimes go into the office, but no one is there and I am the only one allowed in during this virus.

So, I am hopeful I will get the walls complete, and the concrete poured by the end of May if I can schedule a concrete delivery with virus going on. Most of my help who will be floating it out will be 50-60 year old guys. So, hopefully social distancing wont delay that...Id hate to pour in the heat of july or august.
Garage is looking good.
Cement around here is still flowing along with building.
Back a few weeks ago I took 3 loads, 25 to 26 tons each, to a roofer building a school.
My cement is the powdered like the bags you get at Home Depot just a lot of it. LOL
I blow it into a pig, holding trailer, they then mix chemicals & water to make a slurry and pump it up to the roof of the building.

I know other drivers are taking loads to plants where they add stone, sand & water into the trucks everyone sees.
This morning, 12am, on my way to work I seen they were pouring cement on the high way project here also. So I guess it depends how much they lock you down where you are at.

I have been on LP for weeks now, gas is cheap so they are stocking up.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Thanks all. Yeah, its really been a fun garage project.

I'll be adding another project to the list tomorrow. Picking up an 89 Crown Vic for $500. Pretty nice shape. Has a 5.0.

Im thinking of pulling drivetrain for an eventual kit car build. I want to do a 65 Daytona Coupe from Factory Five.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Thought I might show yall what progress ive made on garage.

Still insulating and drywall. Its amazing how much cooler it is inside the barn just from having half the walls done. The radiant heat from the sun baking the steel panels doesnt come in. Cant wait to get a ceiling in and insulated.

Im going to relocate the stairs. Going to be going through the loft floor, so I can make 100% use of the floor in the big open area.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Looking good!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
It is looking good.

I hear you on the sun & heat!
My garage (wood stick built) is not insulated in the bay area, work room has a ceiling that is insulated you enter the garage thru, and when you step into the bays you can feel the heat coming down from the roof. Makes you just want to turn around, close up and not do any work.

To insulate I would need to put them Styrofoam vent bays between the rafters before the glass insulation goes in. Working between the support rafters to fit the bays & glass is a lot more work than I want to do at this point in my life so I deal with it when I have to.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Thanks Dane and Dave. Yeah I will get those eave vent styrofoam things put it. Right now I am focusing on getting the drwall done, so I can get all my stuff and materials out of the way for concrete.

I made a little video walkthrough for yall. Ill upload it to my youtube account and put it in here later.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking great, Ray!  

Yes, insulation can make a huge difference.  HUGE!  You'll be so happy when you get it done.

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
I havent checked the progress on your garage in a while, Ray. Great work! You can park a dump truck in there!
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Thanks Sam. I'll take some more pics of the new progress in a few days.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Well....2020 has been one of the most intense years of my life. I havent been on here much because of it. Thanks for noticing ive been gone.....I guess Jim is loved a lot more than me...lol. Jim, glad to see you are back, I think you scared the h-e-double hockey stick out of Gary.

Anyway.......I am moving. Staying in Kentucky but heading west 1 hour. The blue flareside hasnt moved in months. I still havent had an alignment dine on it since the lift was complete.

So, our new place is 30 acres, brick house with walkout basement, 50x50 garage with concrete in it. The house is a fixer upper. We got a decent deal on it. Probably be january before we move.

The house will be off grid and sustainable. Has a 350ft water well. Im installing a wood burning furnace. Solar panels will be installed in a year or two. About 4 acres is open and tillable, the other 25 or so is hunting ground in a hollar with creeks running.

Going to clear things out a bit and use the blue flareside as our side by side until we get one of those.

So, I'll post the new place pics on here in a couple months.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Ray!

Thanks for the update, and good luck with your new homestead.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good to see from you, Ray!  But you have been missed.  The difference is that we knew you were busy as you said so to us.  But Jim dropped off the radar literally over night.

As for the move, that sounds like what you've said you've always wanted to do - be off the grid.  But what about the job?

And the garage sound great!

Congrat's!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Glad to hear that all is well Ray! Keep us posted on how it all goes, please.

If I can ever get across the US border again, and make my way out towards Gary's I'll make sure to pass through Kentucky and I'll bring you a fender for that Flareside!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Good to see from you, Ray!  But you have been missed.  The difference is that we knew you were busy as you said so to us.  But Jim dropped off the radar literally over night.

As for the move, that sounds like what you've said you've always wanted to do - be off the grid.  But what about the job?

And the garage sound great!

Congrat's!!!
Thanks Gary. Yeah I was just teasin about not being missed. Jim had us all a little more than just concerned.

The job is 1 hour away. Not a bad commute. This year I have worked from home about 5 or 6 months.

This place is REALLY out in the boonies....but the county decided several year ago to invest in Fiber internet. So I called the local isp and they already replaced the copper lines with fiber at this place. Which is a faster connection than what I have now.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
Glad to hear that all is well Ray! Keep us posted on how it all goes, please.

If I can ever get across the US border again, and make my way out towards Gary's I'll make sure to pass through Kentucky and I'll bring you a fender for that Flareside!
Hey Cory, save me a fender for sure!! We will be finishing out the basement at this place, so you are welcome to stay with us anytime. Just let me know when your coming.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Congrats on the new home, sounds great! Good that you checked in.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
A one hour commute was my limit.  We moved several times and I always checked out the commute before we decided on where to live, and only once did we pick one with that much commute - London.  But the saving grace was that it was on the train/tube so I had time to do other things.  Still, I gave up two hours/day to travel.

But if you can work from home some of the time that would, in my calculations, reduce the effective commute time.  And having fiber for the connectivity would make the job lots easier as not only does the speed go up but so does the reliability.

Anyway, enjoy!  That sound like quite an adventure.  

1 ... 1011121314