classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
34 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fuel Reservior, what can I do ?

Howling.Wolf
... and a float.
The whole unit is rusty, and propably the tank too.
Iโ€™ll change the whole.
Such a hassle dismounting the tanks. I will be happy for not having to that then for the next couple of years.
 ยด86 F150 5.0 EFI 4WD LWB
I belive in metrics. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's the best way.  New.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
now that everything is accessable....
Should I maybe exchange the plasic/nylon hoses and clamps against rubber ones ?
What would you do ?
Thanks and haveaniceday.
Heinz
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think the nylon lines are much better than rubber hose, so I wouldn't change.  But I would check the lines over to ensure they've not been damaged anywhere.

I replaced all of the original lines on Big Blue with new nylon lines because I was going from a system with a switching valve to one with wyes.  But had I not been I'd have stayed with the original lines.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Thanx, Gary I then stick onto thy nylon lines.
I just thought its easier to reconnect them as the lines to the tank in the back are a little short and I will have to lift the tank and also make the connection at the same time.
But its managable.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, the connections in back are a bear!  Been there, done that, and have the scars to prove it.

But I'll bet you will get it done nicely.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Just a quick satus report:
Tanks (the side one (Spectra) from Rockauto and the back one (Sherman) from Carid) are on their way.
So are both complete Delphi sending units.
Iโ€˜ll expect it all to be here some time between Wednesday and Friday.

Sorry Gary, but I changed the long fuel lines against rubber ones to the rear already, they didnโ€˜t look too good.
While waiting for the parts I changed the shocks. Must say the were as good as no shocks ๐Ÿ˜‚
U all haveniceday
Heinz
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Donโ€™t worry, you are probably better off with new hoses. And you will have a completely new system. ๐Ÿ‘

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Update:
new tanks, new pumps are mounted.
runs great now.
Puh......
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Great!  Well done!  

But what does "puh" mean"

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Thanks, Gary.
Means I am very happy that this now is done and fixed as I only guessed.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Very glad to hear that. I am actually amazed it ran at all with the in-tank pumps inoperable.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Howling.Wolf
Glad you are happy!

Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Yeah Bill,
I think it ran with full tanks until the fuellevel sank unterneath the hose.