Frame #s

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Frame #s

jweber
Hi Gary this Is Joe weber from South Sioux City Ne I Have a 1981 F150 4x4 black n silver explorer pkg with red interior that I started too do a full frame off restoration on many many years ago, I have the frame all sandblasted & painted black with red & grey suspension accents then wife & kids came along and project got put on hold I am @ a spot in my life I need to finish this trk as it has been in the family since 1985. it was my brothers pickup & he got killed in 1989 & we have kept the truck around for all these years I did elminate / replace the swiss cheese frame, with a newer frame & trying too figure out what year frame I have now as I want too order new fuel tanks, fuel lines & brake lines for it the only numbers I can come up with is HPB37778 stamped in two different locations on passenger frame rail Please Help I will get Pictures sent too You of what I already have Done Thank You also trying too desifer what fuel lines and brake lines too order
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Frame #s

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Joe - Glad you joined.  

On the frame, you don't really have to figure out what you have.  If everything bolted onto it you are in good shape.  For instance, I put 1996 fuel tanks in my 1985 and they fit perfectly.

As for the "HPB37778", I'm going to guess that's somehow related to the VIN of the truck from which the frame came.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by jweber
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
good on you for treating this as an heirloom. we live in a disposable world these days. not good. but the fact that your brother is not around in one way does not mean he cannot be around in others. honor it. i have not noticed any differences in the tanks based on that early frame but that may just be one that got passed me. look up in the documentation pages here. Gary has done a great job curating them and you may find your answers there. keep in mind that if you are considering any other modifications like pump in tank conversions that will need to be considered too before ordering any tanks etc.